All Walnut LPS

Absolutely gorgeous, but your rug there is holding up signs and rude gestures behind the guitar trying to steal some of the attention.

Making sure I understand this construction: this is really four pieces of bookmatched walnut, two wings on each side, hollowed out and put back together, right?
Beautiful work!

Construction :  Body core  - Chambered and planed down  with tummy cut and upper bout reshaped walnut Warmoth LPS cut into wings
                      Top - feathered crotch AAAA Claro Walnut 4/4  piece from Northwest Tiimbers , hand book matched ( learned my lesson .. band saw next time!)  final thickness is 3/8"
                      Neck - 24 fret walnut Carvin neck through  with ebony fretboard and 6130 frets , diamond abalone inlays
                      Pick up rings - hand cut from curly Koa left over from the last project  vendor  Volcano Guitar Works  ( they are still having a sale on Koa .. nice folks good prices , I've bought 3 sets from them)

Pickups : TV Jones Classic -neck  Classic Plus Filtertons
Bridge - Jason Schroeder stop bar                         

Finally finished !
Sanded out to 2000 grit and polished it up this morning

Attachments

• Dec 14  Finished.JPG
    Dec 14 Finished.JPG
    387.7 KB · Views: 85
Thanks guys !  I got my first set of business cards today . From here on out I'll be only using Warmoth for blanks , I've learned a lot on the various builds .

Happy Holidays to all , thanks for all the encouragementand inspiration

Happiness is having one of your favorite artists gig with an axe you made ....

Joel Williams of the Reynolds Williams Band (on the left with the curls)  taking it for a road test ..

Grant Reynolds also played a set with it .. thankfully both loved it !

Attachments

• Joel rockin clara.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 20
Back