All Rosewood, had to buy another one

Johnfv

My current favorite Strat is this one. MJT aged nitro alder body, Warmoth rosewood neck ('59 roundback profile. 1 5/8" nut), Sperzels, GFS steel block trem with Graphtech saddles (and nut). Duncan Hot Rails bridge (series/parallel/variable split on the "tone" knob), Dimarzio Area '58 middle and neck. The fat rosewood neck feels fantastic and the guitar has killer tone. I played it again last night at a gig and it just kicked the ass of the other Warmoth Strat I brought.
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=18700
index.php

index.php

Here's the other guitar I used last night: flame maple over chambered Ash body, goncalo/kingwood neck. These are not the pickups currently in it, I have Injector bridge and Area 58 middle/neck now. It's beautiful and plays well but just pales in comparison to the the Alder/Rosewood combination above.
FireburstStratNewPups1_small.jpg

I know I prefer alder to ash for tone but I can't help but wonder how much the fat rosewood neck alone contributes to the tone. Had to order another 59 roundback rosewood so I can figure it out. :)  This one will be on the way soon...
sn11791a.jpg

Worst thing that could happen is you have to build another guitar so a neck doesn't sit around just rotting. What could be wrong with that?

Back