Al Green: SF Green/F-hole Strat FINALLY done

Long time no talk botha. Nice to browse through here and see this thread. Looking like it is a winner. Turned out so dang good. Now for a lifetime of play  :toothy10:

Life is good! One month till my boards and classes are done. Finally starting to feel like I got some time again. Been eyeing my VIP and thinking about finishing her. Also looking forward to building back up my calluses... my guitars have been lonely  :laughing3: 

fdesalvo said:
Magnificent!  I say a yellow guitar will fulfill all of your needs.

... until you realize there's a tobacco-sunburst-guitar-shaped hole in your soul that needs fillin'.  Or whatever - YMMV.

Seems I haven't commented on what a lovely piece of work the this guitar is. Congratulations! It's a lovely piece of work! Love the attention to detail - the curve on the scratchplate matching the bridge is a really nice touch.

Someone snapped this at our gig yesterday. LOVE this guitar SO much.  Have just installed a push/pull tone pot...might find something fun to do with it.  No coil splitting or series/parallel..hmm.

8CB6261C-0EF0-4A95-B3A9-F2D6EC2C3EDC_zpsw4pswq5r.jpg

As an aside, this color looks even cooler with a few dings down to the wood (alder).  I inadvertently picked up a chip and was tempted to relic it lightly, but will let time do her thing.  I'm looking forward to growing old with this one.

I just found this thread. Beautiful, pard. That last photo really says it. It's definitely one to grow old with, as you so aptly put it.

Man, no comments on the mid-digit, knuckle hair???

Haha, I do appreciate that, Rgand!  By the way - is your username, "R. Gand" or is it a play on "Oregon"?  Always wanted to know.

fdesalvo said:
Man, no comments on the mid-digit, knuckle hair???

Haha, I do appreciate that, Rgand!  By the way - is your username, "R. Gand" or is it a play on "Oregon"?  Always wanted to know.
No, but "Oregon" would have worked when I had a home there. It's just my first initial and first four letters of my last name. I missed the knuckle hair but now that you mention it.... :icon_biggrin:

Ha!  Good to know man. 

Yeah, nevermind the guitar - that's the first thing my Fiance saw lol!

fdesalvo said:
LOL. Sounds like my wife, too. For her, it would be a hand photo and I'd have to point out there's a guitar behind it. For those of us hooked on guitars, someone almost has to point out that there's a hand in the photo.

rgand said:
fdesalvo said:
LOL. Sounds like my wife, too. For her, it would be a hand photo and I'd have to point out there's a guitar behind it. For those of us hooked on guitars, someone almost has to point out that there's a hand in the photo.

Just spit out my coffee!  HAHAHA!

Congrats on the beautiful guitar AND the wedding.

Just remember, even when the wife is wrong, she's still right. I've been married for 42 years, and my wife has NEVER been wrong. Just ask her.........  :icon_jokercolor:

Back