Adrian Belew's Rig

Updown

Since I think Adrian Belew is a Top Notch guitarist ....  :icon_biggrin:
http://www.guitarplayer.com/video.aspx?bctid=1265176809001&section=Artists
Oh well I've got the VG-99 & the GR-55 that he mentions twice  :toothy10:

Check out what's in his Parker  :eek:  (guitar that is)

I just can't get over the ugly look of the Parker guitars  :sad1:
But he swears by them, may-be thats because he is endorsed by them .....

Updown said:

Not in this case actually, from what I have read he's wanted to use Parkers since the mid-90s but it wasn't until just a few years ago that someone figured out how to put all the extras Ade wants into a Fly. And then that someone committed suicide and Parker had to spend over a year to figure out how the hell it had been done... I think it's a cool looking design but not having tried one I have no idea how it feels to play. Looks too thin for me though.

Thanks for the link! Very enjoyable despite the camera work.

Ade is the same as me, no rush to move from the Ultra to the II.
I did sell my Liquidfoot Pro and went to the MFC101.

kboman said:
Updown said:

Not in this case actually, from what I have read he's wanted to use Parkers since the mid-90s but it wasn't until just a few years ago that someone figured out how to put all the extras Ade wants into a Fly. And then that someone committed suicide and Parker had to spend over a year to figure out how the hell it had been done... I think it's a cool looking design but not having tried one I have no idea how it feels to play. Looks too thin for me though.

Thanks for the link! Very enjoyable despite the camera work.

The Parker Fly plays pretty nicely, as it should for its price.  I played two of them, and one of them played really nice but sounded really bad, and the other one played really bad and sounded really good.  :icon_scratch:

Personally, I can't get over the looks of them.  I could never buy something so ugly.

Parkers play beautifully, and are very comfortable (except for that upper horn getting in your way). They have piezo pickups, stainless steel frets, carbon-glass fingerboards (it's like playing on Teflon) and lovely stable, lockable trems as standard. The real beauty of them, though, is the back. On the top-range ones, the back of the body and the neck are reinforced with carbon fibre, which gives them enough strength to be heavily sculpted. Observe:

parker_rfcv_tb_body_back.jpg

It's very comfortable against you, it's lovely to play (I've never played anything with better high fret access), and the whole guitar weighs under 5 lbs. There's a new model out called the MaxxFly with most of the cool innovations of the original but with a wimpier body and headstock shape.

MaxxFly-DF524-900a.jpg

(note: I am not a Parker rep/endorser, just a fanboy)

Kadmium said:
Parkers play beautifully, and are very comfortable (except for that upper horn getting in your way). They have piezo pickups, stainless steel frets, carbon-glass fingerboards (it's like playing on Teflon) and lovely stable, lockable trems as standard. The real beauty of them, though, is the back. On the top-range ones, the back of the body and the neck are reinforced with carbon fibre, which gives them enough strength to be heavily sculpted. Observe:

parker_rfcv_tb_body_back.jpg

It's very comfortable against you, it's lovely to play (I've never played anything with better high fret access), and the whole guitar weighs under 5 lbs. There's a new model out called the MaxxFly with most of the cool innovations of the original but with a wimpier body and headstock shape.

MaxxFly-DF524-900a.jpg

(note: I am not a Parker rep/endorser, just a fanboy)

The Fly is EXTREMELY comfortable to play, and SUPER LIGHT!  The one that played really well probably one of the best playing guitars I've ever picked up, but it sounded like Hell.  It was extremely noisy and sounded very "scratchy" while picking.

Another really thin guitar is the new DBZ Imperial.  While I'm far from a fan of the shape, the comfort of it was great.  The Imperial is also a very thin body, much like that of the Fly.

I notice that he's got an AxeFX Ultra and Bose poles!  That's essentially my rig  :headbang:

just quietly, why go to the effort of sculting the crap out of the back of a guitar, and then using a hideous looking non-recessed trem cover????????!?!?!?!?!? MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!  :dontknow:

Updown said:

I swear by my Parker also. I've considered selling it a few times but each time when I think about it, I would never again feel the same way about a guitar so choose not to. I too hated the look of them, but after a time once you fall in love with them everything about them is perfect, the weight, the feel and sound... just brilliance.

Back