Admit it

How many of you have a picture of your Warmoth as your desktop background/wallpaper?

• Yes, because I'm a Warmaholic

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Why no, I have a picture of my spouse/kids/pet/something normal people use as a background.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • I don't have a build yet, but I would if I did.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Not my Warmoth, but I have guitar/gear/music related background

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Wait... you can CHANGE the desktop background?

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • I use a picture of someone else's build.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I'm going to do that right now!

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

hannaugh

Master Member
A poll just for fun.  I was just curious how many other members use their guitars as their backgrounds.  Feel free to post up your desktop pics here too!  And if you answered #5 - Mom, what are you doing on this forum?! 

Normally just a solid colour. Sometimes an Apple cat. But mostly just black.

Maybe because my desktop is not big enough for all my guitars ...  :toothy11:

I don't have my Warmoth as any desktops, but I do use the Warmoth 2012 wallpaper show here:

warmoth_640x480.jpg

:rock-on:

I had to go check. I very rarely see my desktop. Turns out I put a macro shot of a dew-dappled leaf on it that occupies the entire screen. Other than that, there's nothing on there.

For a while it was my son holding a photoshopped picture of my warmoth. (my profile picture)  But lately it's black because it vastly speeds up remote desktop/vnc/etc...

Mrs. STDC controls the desktop background at the house.  It's usually a movie poster, art piece, pic of the cats or me.  My phone had the sugar scull that is my profile pic here for the longest time, but it is currently a pic of an electrical receptacle with the sockets acting as faces and arms and bodies drawn on to look as if they have canine carnal knowledge of each other.

Sorry my desktop picture is of my other pride and joy, my Harley!  I do have most of my guitars as icons so I can pull them up anytime I want though.

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 344
Before I go to checkout (and make it disappear), I make the stock photo of the body my background so I can see it everyday before it arrives. Transparent finishes (or no-finish pieces) have their grain patterns memorized before the UPS guy can drop 'em off. Sorta creeper-ish, I'll admit.

If that's creepy, then I'm the worst. I love to torture myself with reassurances that I did the right thing <grin>

I have the high res dual monitor version of this as my current background:
venturebros1.jpg

I keep my wallpaper dark as a rule, as I'm often on my computer the most after the sun goes down.  Bright screens are no fun to my retinas.

AutoBat said:
I keep my wallpaper dark as a rule, as I'm often on my computer the most after the sun goes down.  Bright screens are no fun to my retinas.

Me too, but the default colors on my PCB layout program has a white background, which I have yet to change. The little guy is almost 6 months old now, and he's getting more sophisticated in his sleep fighting techniques. So sometimes I'll hold him in my lap quietly in a darkened room until he either conks out or shows signs of submission.

Okay, I'll work on the JCM800 cyborg a little bit until he conks out and...

AWESOME AMP PROJECT DAD!
Can we stay up all night and work on it???!?
Huh? Pleaaaase!

AutoBat said:
this as my current background:
venturebros1.jpg

Gotta love Venture Brothers Industries! <grin>

(Actually, I should probably be ashamed of myself for recognizing that)

But, now I'm thinking I should look up a picture of Deathklok's Manse...

Back