Acoustic looking Strat bridge...AKA "Scartozi Bridge"

Stub: Do you know if the trem bar hole is in the same location? How thick do you want the block? 3/8", 1/2", 5/8". Once I have all the information it wouldn't be to difficult to fabricate. For instance, if the whammy bar location is the same also I have all the info I would need.

Actually the whammy should be in the same spot. Boogie Rail is making a replacement bridge to work with your current setup and trem block. Since they don't require a special trem block then everything should be the same. Send me a PM StubHead

Cagey said:
Remind me again what the mounting pattern is for that? It's the Fender American Standard flat-mount, isn't it?
I've ordered a couple as well, for replacing 6 hole trem.
Might see how it looks on my Strat 'RedBack' with GK-3.
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17680.0
Plus I bought another Warmoth Body just for one too  :icon_biggrin:

So Cagey  :icon_scratch:
I bet you have to buy another body as well  :laughing7:

Let me guess ....... a Tele !!

Yeah, I'm going to need another body, and I'm strongly considering a carved-top Tele. It'll be a while before I can finish it, though, so I'll be keeping my eye on eBay. Never know what'll show up there.

Doug or scartozi  :redflag:
Could you please measure the total outside width of this Acoustic Bridge for me.

Want to see if it will fit on this Aerodyne Strat, which has a slight curve top on it.
It doesn't have a recess for the trem, so it might fit.
Depending on the width of bridge & curve on top.

:icon_scratch: It looks about 4.5 inches in pic's.

Thanks guys  :icon_biggrin:  :icon_thumright:

The width of the bridge is 5.125 or 5-1/8", for those that are decimally challenged... :icon_biggrin:

This is starting to remind me of the situation over on the Steel Guitar Forum - There were two machinist guys who's jobs either were or were about to be munched by this little economic depression we got going on. And being machinists, they each had a home rig too - I guess when a machinist gets home from a hard day of machining, nothing relaxes him better than going out to the garage for a little... machining! Anyway, so they posted up on the forum "Will  make steel guitar parts! Clamp-on drink holders, amp chassis, car parts, ARRGH!" or words to that effect. They both got swamped, and had to stop taking orders after a month or to catch up with the demand. Leaving them to wonder "Why did I work for The Man for THIRTY YEARS when I coulda been out in the garage making money..." or words to that effect.

If you have a useful product, it's a wide open field... there sure is a whole load of guitarists out there. There are a few little things like the IRS, business zoning etc. to consider - I doubt even half the "businesses" on Ebay are licensed, approved, inspected, PAYING TAXES.... One of the cleverer deregulation strategies of the Bush->Clinton->Bush years was to not change the laws on the book - but simply un-fund OSHA, the FDA & the IRS. When you don't hire any inspectors, nobody gets inspected! It may hold for quite some years, but the IRS (especially) are some greedy fucks.

No kidding. AT&T is a multi-billion dollar company that got that way charging 5¢ a throw. A million of anything is a lot, and a billion is a thousand millions, while a trillion is a thousand billions. And the gummint wonders why the electorate is starting to get concerned...

I haven't really tried to sell these. Currently I'm only offering them to the people on this forum. The main reason for this is I'm currently working on getting a design patent of some sort on the bridge. I hope to be meeting with an attorney in the next few weeks to discuss what kind of design protection I'll need....and the lowest cost. One thing I've learned over the years is to Cover Your A$$!! I might advertise these online and on multiple websites and get nothing...or it could be overwhelming. I just want the piece of mind knowing that it's protected. Is there a huge market for these? I don't know...but I know there are a WHOLE LOT of guitar players out there who want something unique for their guitars.

Who knows what will happen. I had an idea and wanted to make a cool looking bridge for my guitar that nobody else had. Not looking to get rich, not looking to quit my job.....but wouldn't be disappointed if that happened :icon_biggrin: The fact that people are interested in the bridges and want them on their guitars is needless to say...well....awsome :icon_thumright:

I may have missed this since this string is pretty long and my attention span is short.....

But has anyone seen anthing likes this for an acoustic?  I mean individually adjustable strings saddles?  I have a number of acoustics and only one has a split bridge (top 4 adn bottom 2).  I think you bridge is a great idea, but why not make it for acoustics as well?

A version for acoustics is in the works...I have some wenge that I'm experimening with. So yes, I plan on doing a version for acoustics :icon_biggrin:

I have a new bridge that's going to be showing up on here in a few weeks. Its the same design but different material....gonna be kick A$$ :party07:

Mmmmmmm, nothing like a good 'ole chunk of brass for dinner, to supplement my aluminum diet...
photobucket-4084-1331609595123.jpg

I waant one! Where's mine? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet?

SiameseCatMeow.jpg

I said Raow, goddammit!

Back