A Humbucker and a Single Coil Out of Phase.

Heft

How do humbuckers sound when paired with another pickup as out of phase (say in a Baja Telecaster circuit?). Do you get quack, in phase, noise or some combination?
Thanks,
Heft

I've never played a guitar with that combo, but I've played dual Humbucker equipped guitars with out of phase both in parallel and in series and I really like the out of phase in series option ... very nasally if such a word. Snotty but subtle

I kind of thought the next line would have been ... and they walk into a bar and the bartender says whatll it be ..

Last edited:
I've never played a guitar with that combo, but I've played dual Humbucker equipped guitars with out of phase both in parallel and in series and I really like the out of phase in series option ... very nasally if such a word. Snotty but subtle

I kind of thought the next line would have been ... and they walk into a bar and the bartender says whatll it be ..
Yes, I have the Jimmy Page wiring in my Les Paul, series out of phase was a cool, nasty, nasally lead tone.

The pro tip on parallel out of phase is to roll the bridge back a touch to bring a little more bass back in.

Back