A hole in my neck

Warmoth very kindly responded to my e-mail with pictures of these necks.  The hole is exactly for what is described by many in here, to hold it and part of tooling etc.  Very easy to plug with a walnut dowel and it almost seems sensible that its there once you plug it given the walnut skunk strip. 

TomK said:
Warmoth very kindly responded to my e-mail with pictures of these necks.  The hole is exactly for what is described by many in here, to hold it and part of tooling etc.  Very easy to plug with a walnut dowel and it almost seems sensible that its there once you plug it given the walnut skunk strip. 

Sorry, but there's a flaw in your logic.  The hole is necessary during finishing so it could not be doweled prior to finishing.  Doweling after finishing would damage the finish if any sanding is done to blend the dowel in with the heel.  Totally unnecessary for the vast, vast, vast majority of players out there. 

You are more than welcome to dowel the hole if it bugs you that much. If you were to take apart other guitars, you'd find quite a few CNC holes/plugs, tooling holes,etc....  They're not uncommon at all.

"You are more than welcome to dowel the hole if it bungs you that much."

Fixed that for you.

:icon_jokercolor:

Peace.

Back