A Fine Christmas Present!

slandis

So, I grabbed a body from the deals page. It was supposed to show up Monday, but the weather here prevented that. So it arrived today! Merry Christmas to me!

I'm kind of diggin' the LP neck on the Strat. It's a hold-over from my first project (failed!).

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

I like it. The LP headstock on a Strat looks so much better than the opposite :p

I like how the middle pup has the 12 poles, and doesn't look like it belongs in the neck or bridge position.

Hurry up and put it together!

It will be mid-January before I can complete everything. This is really a budget build... the pickups were also left over from my LP project. They are Crunchy PATs on either end, with a Dream 180 sandwhiched in between, all from GuitarFetish.

Neck is Mahogany/Rosewood with an Ebony veener headstock and Planet Waves locking tuners.

Trem will be a Speedloader from GuitarFetish. I've heard good and bad about this unit from GF, so we'll see..

slandis said:
Trem will be a Speedloader from GuitarFetish. I've heard good and bad about this unit from GF, so we'll see..
I can't say I've tried them myself but DR6 has had decent luck with those.

That looks awesome!  The LP headstock goes with the Strat body surprisingly well, I like that look a lot!

A Christmas miracle!  I bet when you opened the box you said "God bless us, everyone!".  I probably would have...

Back