A different kind of switch, BUT...if it works....???

I talked to the tech at Wampler Pedals and I learned something new today - the “soft” switches, at least on their pedals, are SPST, two conductor, and simply trigger a relay, and don’t pass any audio signal at all. Hm. Who knew?! Anyhow, I just thought I’d pass along what I learned; I was not expecting that - SPST/2 conductor. Very interesting.

ChrisMC said:
I talked to the tech at Wampler Pedals and I learned something new today - the “soft” switches, at least on their pedals, are SPST, two conductor, and simply trigger a relay, and don’t pass any audio signal at all. Hm. Who knew?! Anyhow, I just thought I’d pass along what I learned; I was not expecting that - SPST/2 conductor. Very interesting.

I just picked up a Wampler Dracarys pedal, love the soft switch

I am way late, but I will echo the sentiments of heck no on the footpedal switch. That type in particular tend to be so hard to click, especially with your hands. I hate those switches in general, would be even worse on a guitar! The smaller version is at least usually easier to press, but I still don't think that is the way to go.

There are a bunch of cool options I imagine though. Maybe something like one of those little switches they have on a Jaguar or something? Different routing needed I'm sure, but maybe it would work?

edit: Nevermind, you are looking for a momentary switch not a flip switch like that.

If you can't find room to mount a 4PDT switch, you could consider Fender's S-1 pot. They are available in both 250k and 500k and have a built-in 4PDT push/push switch.

skydog said:
If you can't find room to mount a 4PDT switch, you could consider Fender's S-1 pot. They are available in both 250k and 500k and have a built-in 4PDT push/push switch.

Already mentioned earlier in the thread.

Back