A cure for wobbly LOCKING trem arms! A CURE I TELL YOU!!

fdesalvo

It’s been decades. DECADES!  How the hell has it taken so long for someone to design a proper arm for the Floyd/Gotoh whammies of the world? 

I’ll post up some pics soon, but a Japanese company has designed a pop-in trem arm that has ZERO slop while giving the operator the option to have the bar fixed in place or sloppy-wang loose.

Sorry for the teaser. The kid beckons!

Updates and pics tomorrow am!

As Mr. Asimov liked to say: any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic  :laughing7:

stratamania said:
Will it be a Magic Arm?

It is. The ol’ Red Bishop Magik-Arm. I found it by sheer chance when I wasnt even searching. It’s not well advertised, but does what it does like no other.

I’ll post some pics in a couple hours.

fdesalvo said:
stratamania said:
Will it be a Magic Arm?

It is. The ol’ Red Bishop Magik-Arm. I found it by sheer chance when I wasnt even searching. It’s not well advertised, but does what it does like no other.

I’ll post some pics in a couple hours.

I only came across it myself while looking at Luminlays. Be interested to hear what you think of it.

It's just perfect - time will tell about it's real quality, but I can't see how things would go downhill.  It takes the best aspects of the Floyd and Ibanez designs and improves on them immensely.  There's no play in the arm at all, even when it's set "loose".  The knurled knob only sets the arm's tension, it doesn't loosen or tighten the arm in the socket.  The tightness of the bar is due to incredibly close mfg tolerances between the arm and socket. 

O4QYxx8.jpg

awsqbiB.jpg

am7u7Zy.jpg

OJKgHf7.jpg

KzRBB2E.jpg

uT0SCJG.jpg

GI4l3jD.jpg

You're absolutely right, and Aircap and I have both been wrong. I don't know why I kept reading "Clark" and thinking "Asimov"  ???

Cagey said:
You're absolutely right, and Aircap and I have both been wrong. I don't know why I kept reading "Clark" and thinking "Asimov"  ???

Its a mysterious world after all  :)

Update:  This is the real deal.  It's PERFECT.  Offers more sensitivity and subtlety than any trem arm I've used to date and it's something that's going to replace the Gotoh arm/socket in my other Strat in the near future.  I can't believe it's taken so long to find this.

I need a different arm for the NFT Floyd as it has the old style arm on there, might have to give one of these a try as I now know it has been vouched for.

stratamania said:
I need a different arm for the NFT Floyd as it has the old style arm on there, might have to give one of these a try as I now know it has been vouched for.

The old style is an upgrade for the newer, screw on collar. This one is light years ahead of that one.

fdesalvo said:
stratamania said:

The old style is an upgrade for the newer, screw on collar. This one is light years ahead of that one.

I think I might agree with that the old style was fairly good :)

Absolutely. Only pain was having to use the wrench to install/remove the arm. This one simply pops in and out. Easy!

That looks like a clone of the original 1981 G&L bar attachment.
I know I had that exact type of bar attachment at one time a long time ago ... like 25 or more yrs. ago.

Back