A Belated Warmoth Christmas (pics) -- Dad's les paul

nathan a

Okay, I bet some of you remember seeing this guitar. In case you need a reminder....
3-1.png

Well, I did surprise the dad with it on the 25th, and he LOVED it. He told me it's the nicest gift he's ever received. As I've said in older posts, the guitar sounds incredible and plays great. He's so happy with it, and I'm just glad that he's happy.

I didn't do a video like ocguy, but here's pics of the happy guy. Also, that red amorphous thing is supposed to be a bow.

A happy dad
dadguitar2.jpg

"check out that Dangerous plate!!!"
dadguitar1.jpg

family jam with the dad, sister, cat, and myself
xmasjam1.jpg

we got some christmas snow.

awkward squishy guitar face
xmasjam2.jpg

Fun Fact: All the instruments in this picture were new christmas gifts!

Three cheers for the gift of guitar!  :eek:ccasion14:

Thanks guys! I appreciate the praise  :icon_biggrin: Sorry Lucky, I've been claimed.

Max-- I'm not that old in the picture, or ever. I am 20, soon to be 21.

dbw-- *cold stare*

nathan a said:
dbw-- *cold stare*

Hehehehe I like dutch girls no matter how big and mad-viking are their brothers :laughing7:
If Dan frozes at the stare, I swallow a sip of beer and smile :D
No bad feelings intented, but you know, no brother or dad like the boyfriend of the "little-girl-of-dad/bro"... And the humanity keeps growing :p

NonsenseTele said:
nathan a said:
dbw-- *cold stare*

Hehehehe I like dutch girls no matter how big and mad-viking are their brothers :laughing7:
No bad feelings intented, but you know, no brother or dad like the boyfriend of the "little-girl-of-dad/bro"... And the humanity keeps growing :p

Haha what is funny is that once, I did actually like the boyfriend! He was the younger brother of a good friend of mine, and I had hung around with that family a lot so I knew he was a good guy. Nothing like that vicious madman DBW  :icon_jokercolor:

nathan a said:
NonsenseTele said:
nathan a said:
dbw-- *cold stare*

Haha what is funny is that once, I did actually like the boyfriend! He was the younger brother of a good friend of mine, and I had hung around with that family a lot so I knew he was a good guy. Nothing like that vicious madman DBW  :icon_jokercolor:
If I had a sister, I'd keep her away from DBW too.
My gf has a pretty annoying little brother, though. And an annoying little sister. And since I've known that family all my life, they're even more annoying to me.

Very cool nathan, glad I could be of assistance in making your dad's day....Sweet geetar... :icon_thumright:

nathan a said:
Thanks guys! I appreciate the praise  :icon_biggrin: Sorry Lucky, I've been claimed.

Max-- I'm not that old in the picture, or ever. I am 20, soon to be 21.

So I'm going to have to wait 18 years before my kid buys me a Les Paul?

And I thought that the warmoth wait times were long!

- nice guitar - and a lucky dad!

Absoultly a great guitar...I was actually wondering about this the other  day and how the suprise went...if your anything like me I bet giving it to your dad was 10x better then him receivinf it, I still get a kick out it everytime I see my dad play it. did you do a big suprise or just kinda bring it out at the end? in any event when you can do somthing like that for another person it is truly awesome.

Ken

ken, yes giving really is the best part. We did a bit of a surprise--

We pretended that christmas gifting was finished, then went into the other room out of sight, plugged in the guitar, and my sisters and I began to play and sing a song. My dad walked in, and saw the guitar with the red christmas bow on it, and he flipped. He was so happy, and so touched. It was a wonderful holiday.

dbw said:
That guitar rules Nathan.  Sorry about the sister comment.   :doh:

Haha no worries, all is well, I was just giving you a hard time. If you can get her to talk to you, be my guest  :glasses9:

Back