Warmoth (the company) has regained my respect...in a HUGE way!

Torment Leaves Scars

Well, let me start of by saying it's no secret I was unhappy with my paint-job on my guitar.  It was flawed from the beginning, and I was pretty sore over the way the situation was handled, or rather, how it wasn't handled.

It's been over two years and while I'd gotten over the initial frustration, mainly due to the fact that my Warmoth is the best playing guitar I've ever played, the paint was a constant reminder of my poor experience.

Things have changed.  I can only assume Rob was scouring the site and saw that I was a bit unhappy, and I received contact from him.  We traded a few emails and he mentioned that he wanted to inspect the paint.  I was very apprehensive at first, considering I'd paid a good bit of cash to have the guitar assembled and set up, but after some discussion I was willing to allow him the opportunity to "make it right."  As a side note, just by offering his apologies and acknowledging the issue "made it right," but I was willing to let him go a step further.

I removed all the hardware from the body (left the electronics intact) and sent it off to Warmoth.  I've been keeping in contact with Rob, maybe once every two weeks or so, and he's been very good about giving me updates.  In fact, I just talked to him the other day and he said the body was being stripped to be refinished.

I got a call from Rob today and he left a message on my cellphone. I called him back when he told me the news.  The paint had not been the issue, but instead, the body was cracked!  :eek:  Yes, the body's been cracked for the past two years since I received it.  :-\

Rob informed me that they were going to replace the body, which led me to the concern of all the electronics.  He advised they would get that taken care of with the new body, and I'd receive the new one in the same shape as the old one I'd sent.

I must say that I am really pleased with the way this is being handled, and I'm really glad to see Warmoth is doing everything they can to handle this unfortunate situation.  It just says a whole lot about the company.  Apparently, the person originally in charge of this situation when it happened was not as interested in good customer service as Rob is!

Rob's been great, and kudos to him!  He has successfully restored my faith in Warmoth, and while I was apprehensive about ever giving business to Warmoth again due to the original treatment of the issue, I am proud to say I will be planning another build in the future!  It's great to see him taking control and providing excellent customer service, even for a customer from two years ago.  It just goes to show that Rob has the mindset every company should; people are still customers after a purchase is made!  I am confident I will get everything back in the same condition it left in, and I can't wait to get my body back so I can get back to playing my favorite guitar!  While I'm certainly not suffering by playing my Jackson USA "Select Series" KV2, it's still not my Warmoth!

Thanks to Rob and the rest of the people at Warmoth for restoring my faith!

That's really cool. Rob's a super cool dude. I had a problem with a neck, which was really just my dumbass not knowing which way to turn the wrench to take relief out of the neck. He was really down-to-earth about it all and handled it like a true pro.

I second anything anyone ever has to say about Rob's awesomeness.  Rob helped me make this happen:
6183317626_9d81fd77d8_b.jpg

Bagman67 said:
I second anything anyone ever has to say about Rob's awesomeness.  Rob helped me make this happen:

Beautiful!

Yes, Rob's a class act!  While I'd obviously been a fan of Warmoth guitars, it pained me to think, "They make a great product but after the way I was stuffed, I just don't think I could bring myself to getting anything else from them."  I'm really glad I can be enthusiastic about not only the product, but the company as well.  Because of that, it just makes my guitar that much more enjoyable.  :eek:ccasion14:

While I have never spoken with Rob personally, I am impressed by Warmoth as a company.  I built my first guitar about a year ago.  Since then, I have ordered 3 more necks, the latest one showing up today!

crash said:
While I have never spoken with Rob personally, I am impressed by Warmoth as a company.  I built my first guitar about a year ago.  Since then, I have ordered 3 more necks, the latest one showing up today!

I had what appeared to be a flaw in the paint and when I contacted them I basically got stuffed with a "tough apples" attitude.  That didn't sit particularly well after having just handed a company over $1000.

Bagman67 said:

Well, that aside, Rob is a really cool dude.  I wouldn't hold that one against him.

swarfrat said:
Bagman67 said:

Well, that aside, Rob is a really cool dude.  I wouldn't hold that one against him.

Of course not, it wasn't Rob who was the problem.  He was on vacation at the time and whoever was running the show was the problem.  :eek:ccasion14:

I have had only one experience with Rob, regarding string gauge of all things. He was very helpful regarding the stability of my neck versus gigantic strings in Standard E tuning. Great guy, all around. One class act, for sure.

Yep .. I've delt with Rob as well, many a time :icon_thumright: plus others there.
(Via emails only)
And have always had the best of service from Rob & the rest of the team.  :hello2:

Plus .. he is the sales manager.

Hey Dan,

I am very happy for you that everything turned out nice. Maybe it was good that I had started that "Shoutout" thread for Paul, don't you think.

Hope you get that body back before New Year's.

Bye JULIA

juwel1998 said:
Hey Dan,

I am very happy for you that everything turned out nice. Maybe it was good that I had started that "Shoutout" thread for Paul, don't you think.

Hope you get that body back before New Year's.

Bye JULIA

Thanks, Julia, but it probably won't happen!  That's fine, because Rob is "making it right," and I'm willing to be patient, even though it's tough.  I'm really missing my Warmoth guitar!  :sad1:

FernandoEsteves said:
That is awesome to hear! :)

Yes it is, Fernando.  Even though it came a little late, late is better than never.  As soon as Rob found out about it, he was right on it.  If he didn't know about the issue, he obviously couldn't have been faulted!  Apparently he was on vacation at the time of the complaint and the "bad apple" in charge was serving less than stellar customer service!

Other than for the obvious reason that the guitar body is actually cracked, I'm glad I gave him the opportunity to satisfy me as a customer.  I told him that the apology he gave was good enough but he wanted to make it right all the way around. 

It just goes to show the actions of one bad apple can give someone the wrong impression about an entire company.

Torment Leaves Scars said:
swarfrat said:
Of course not, it wasn't Rob who was the problem.  He was on vacation at the time and whoever was running the show was the problem.  :eek:ccasion14:

Sarcasm dude. It's a freaking purple guitar.  :eek: I'm sure Rob has better taste, and just helped you into what you wanted.

Great that this issue has been solved! Can you post a pic of the first body with the faults, though? I can't imagine how bad it was...

From experience, Rob is a good manager, organizing though thousands of emails/mail-ins/phone calls daily with the sales staff.  It takes a big man to organize 4 sales reps to service the entire globe and he does it well.  It was a pleasure to serve under his leadership while I was there.

I know you're joking, Swarfrat - and it's a pretty good one, too.

For those who didn't realize it was a joke -

I know Quty Pie the Purple Tele is not everyone's cup of tea, but she's exactly what my little girl and I envisioned -and I give Rob credit for helping us to realize that vision.

Orpheo said:
Great that this issue has been solved! Can you post a pic of the first body with the faults, though? I can't imagine how bad it was...

I thought it was strange how when I first got it the crack wasn't that large, but I figured it just grew a little bit because of the weather and the wood fluctuating.  Apparently not!

There is another area above the neck pickup that was exactly like this one.  I'm not sure what that "curl" is, but the split is the straight line that you see...

WarmothFlaw.jpg

Back