A 1.75" thick Mustang body with routing for decent trems

James51453

Anything other than the god awful "hot dog" trem.  Yes, I know Squier has the reissued Cyclone, but It's a 24.75 scale, and I don't want or need 3 pickups and the little slider switches.  My dream 'Warmoth Stang would have a decent trem, a pair of P90's with just a 3 way toggle, and a neck with a canary fretboard and stainless frets.

One way to get there might be a Jagstang would bring you the 1 3/4" body and can be ordered without a bridge rout. The pickguard can also be ordered without any holes for pickups or controls.

If you have the tools and skills to then do a bridge rout and the pickguard for the P90s etc that might get you there.

Well, 3 strikes and I'm out.  I don't have the tools or skills, and I'll be diplomatic and say the Jagstang body is not a favorite of mine.  I was going to elaborate on another body I do like as much as the Mustang, but I'll save it for another post.

Just a suggestion in case you did have the tools etc, or had someone who could help out. I don't see much difference between a Jagstang and a Mustang other than the thickness of the body and a slight difference on the upper horn. Though I am not keen on either so it may be I am missing some nuance.

If you do not follow Texas Toast guitars on YouTube, you probably should.  What you want sounds well within the range of what they do.

Back