#9 Strat, featuring Brazilian Ebony Neck

Wizard of Wailing

Ebony has always been my favorite fretboard so when Warmoth released these new ebony necks I bought one the day they came out.  Of course I then had to build a whole new guitar around that neck.

Body

One piece alder yellow-red-black burst
Warmoth cream pickguard with only two knobs
Bladerunner gold tremolo
Bare Knuckles VH II in the bridge
Bare Knuckles Irish Tours in the neck and middle.  Middle is RWRP.

Neck

Brazilian Ebony neck with ebony fretboard
Standard Thin contour
SS 6100 frets
Sperzel locking tuners
Fender LSR Roller Nut
10-16" compound radius
Mother of Pearl inlays

I had Cagey set up my neck for me and it's turned out to be the fastest neck I've ever played.  The action is super low and the frets feel incredibly smooth.  I highly recommend him if you're looking for someone to get your neck playing its best.

Attachments

• YRB Burst Strat.png
    YRB Burst Strat.png
    516.7 KB · Views: 1,195
  • Brazilian Ebony Neck.JPG
    Brazilian Ebony Neck.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 1,100
Nice Strat!

And thank you for the kind words. I had that neck on a Tele for final test, and really didn't want to ship it back to you  :laughing7:

Late to the party, but these are the dusty enclaves of the board. 

Re: VHII

I had one in a chambered alder Strat with hipshot trem and found it to be exceedingly bright.  The cats over on the BK board say it's generally considered to have a nice bottom end with great clarity and dynamics.  How would you describe your experience with it so far?

Love collection of Strats you've got there!

Nice! I like tihs one almost as much as I like that Surf Green one of yours.

Regarding the VH II Humbucker, it is definitely bright but I like that in a humbucker so it suits me fine.  The Bare Knuckles Rebel Yell I have in my Dark Side of the Moon strat is even brighter and that's my favorite all-time humbucker.  I also use an EVH 5150 Overdrive pedal for all my distortion (since my only big amp is a Twin Reverb) so that EQs the tone a bit and can take away some of the brightness if necessary.  I once owned an EVH Frankenstein humbucker and it was the darkest pick-up I've ever heard in my life.  It was as muddy as they come.   

Back