7 string tune-o-matic style bridge

WarmothRules

a 7 string tune-o-matic style bridge would be cool also offered with the recessed route. :headbang:

CD said:
Ok. :icon_scratch: :icon_biggrin:

LOL. I guess there aren't many 7 string players here!? :rock-on:

Even still, I'd like to see a 7 TOM bridge route for the 7CT, although I assume there's no need for it to be recessed (it being a carvetop and all...).

I had my friends seven string Ibanez for a while, it was a cool guitar. I couldn't process what you meant by recessed bridge when I posted before, but now I understand. :eek:ccasion14:

Awesome idea, but out of all the years of working at Warmoth I might have sold about two 7-String guitars, they're just as hot as they were back in the early 2000's when bands like Korn and Limp Bizkit were on the top of their game.  So right now because the demand is just so low on these guitars, I don't forsee any new options for 7-strings in the near future.

Well, I think it is safe to assume if someone wants a seven string a standard Ibanez would do fine for them. Everyone wants a little individuality to their instrument, but I think that the market for the seven string is pretty narrow and other companies have really targeted the audience well.

Don't get rid of the 7 strings i'm going to want one someday. When I have the money for it. I have two other warmoth ideas in mind before the 7 string. By the way, i hate korn and limpbizkit or what ever it's called.

I don't think we'll ever drop our 7-String line of guitars, so no worries there.

I thought the 7-String fad diminished after Korn and Limp Bizkit vanished from the charts.  What other guys are still using them?  I know the guy from Fear Factory does, but other than him, all of my Metal guitar heros use the six stringers.  :headbang:

Jay Davidson said:
I don't think we'll ever drop our 7-String line of guitars, so no worries there.

I think I'll hold you to that.  :glasses9:

On the old message board it was suggested that 7 strings might be dropped (I believe Gregg hinted at the idea in response to one of my questions). Not to mention the stock off 7 string PU's has been depleting at Warmoth (at least from the eStore anyway). So it sort of appears that the 7 string line is on the outs, but you've got my vote in keeping the line available. Most other luthiers offering custom 7's are basically doing Ibanez knock offs (nothing wrong with that at all, mind you), but at least Warmoth offers something unique.

So , 7 strings are on the way out? what was the 7th string anyway, was the 7th string a higher or lower string? what is the tuning? typical

and if 7 strings are fading, maybe we should develop a 5 string? LOL think of the nice skinny neck. I bet i could wrap my thumb all the way arround.

John

The seven string guitars are tuned B E A D G B E

I have heard of jazz guitarists tuning the low B down to A though.

DanDeTora said:
Jay Davidson said:

I think I'll hold you to that.  :glasses9:

On the old message board it was suggested that 7 strings might be dropped (I believe Gregg hinted at the idea in response to one of my questions). Not to mention the stock off 7 string PU's has been depleting at Warmoth (at least from the eStore anyway). So it sort of appears that the 7 string line is on the outs, but you've got my vote in keeping the line available. Most other luthiers offering custom 7's are basically doing Ibanez knock offs (nothing wrong with that at all, mind you), but at least Warmoth offers something unique.

Unless Gregg knows something that the rest of the sales guys don't, their has been no mention of the 7-String line being dropped.  But again, it is our least popular product line.

Unless Gregg knows something that the rest of the sales guys don't, their has been no mention of the 7-String line being dropped.  But again, it is our least popular product line.
There's no reason to drop the line if we have all the tooling and patterns made for it. It is unlikely that we'll make bodies and necks for the Showcase though to sit there for months without a buyer. If you want to order one, we'll gladly make it. No returns though.  :laughing7:

I've got a baritone 7 string body and neck on order - With delivery expected by the end of August, or early September. It's going to be configured as a jazz axe, with just a neck humbucker rout. I believe the salesman told me he had never sold another one.

My wife is going to do a custom finish on it. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to string it, though - It's not like Guitar Center has a whole rack of baritone strings in light, medium and heavy gauge for an instrument like this!...

Don't drop them for a week or so, please! My next Warmoth will be a 7-string, I'm just figuring out the options. I bought a cheap Ibanez 7 and I absolutely love what it does for my hand positioning. It's not so much about having the extra bottom string, it's about how it pushes your thumb into the perfect place. You can both shred like a back-of-the-neck position, and bend like with your thumb braced on the edge - at the same time! Listen to Petrucci, holy cow.... it's a good hand positioning for those quick, inside bends that Duane Allman did so well & that everybody's forgotten except old guitar hippies. I wish my $152.50 Ebay Ibanez didn't sound so sucky. They want at least $1200 for a really good 7-string, and I can do better fretwork myself anyway. No point in wasting another $300 or $400 on a semi-good one, when I know I'll just be holding it thinking,  Warmoth... Warmoth...

Back