7 string bridge options

James

I'm not exactly what you call steady with a drill.  If I order a 7 string Hipshot bridge, couldn't I send that to Warmoth to be routed/fitted?  The Gotoh flatmount is no longer sold on Warmoth's website.  I was kicking the idea of building my 7 string.  Now my only option is going with a Floyd Rose.  Do I need that headache right now?
I know Warmoth has waiting periods and they are inundated with requests.  But maybe this would open them up to new things.  After discovering companies like FU-Tone and Stew Mac, it would be cool to see other options.

All of the Warmoth standard and Custom Bridge routs are listed here. If the bridge you have is not on the list I would say at the moment you have no chance of having something done that is not already available.

https://warmoth.com/guitar-bridge-routs

In the last decade I am only aware of the following change. Gotoh 510 Tremolo became a standard offering rather than being available only as a custom rout.

The only addition made from forum suggestions was Non-Fine Tuner Floyd Rose Tremolo (stud mount only, and requires a Warmoth pickguard with custom bridge cut) and that also involved having to have a number of users who committed to buying a body for that rout. This alone took months even after the project got the green light which took a lot longer.

So back to the 7 string, your best bet if you do not want to drill or use a Floyd is to order the 7 string flat mount and find a bridge that fits that mount and purchase it from a supplier who has them in stock.

FYI - Gotoh discontinued the hardtail bridge we rout for on the 7-string a few years ago but we only just recently ran out of stock. I recommend ordering the body with either Floyd or no rout for the time being. I don't know that anything else is actually compatible with the Gotoh rout. I'm hoping to get a new 7-string hardtail in place, but there are a lot of factors involved and it will take a while longer.

Back