7/8th Tele build..here we go again!

nickname009

I've had this 7/8th Tele as my no.1 since 2012 or so, i lucked out and got a super light weight body, put light weight hardware on it (mix of titanium, aluminum etc) and she weighs in at under 5.5lbs assembled.

Since then I have been scouring warmoth's site and other guitar sites for something similar. I love the light weight, I love the smaller body, I love the tele shape and I love the 24 fret gibson scale neck. It's now 2019 and I've come to realize that the 7/8th tele is staying. There is literally nothing else out there like this from any other guitar company. So what do I do for a backup guitar? Build another one! Here we go again!

This will be my 4th guitar-build. The idea for this is to keep it sort of on the more affordable side but durable, natural wood look, very clean, almost minimalistic, and yet still be functional and unique involving very little effort to assemble and put together.

Went with chambered basswood for light weight on Cagey's advice, and black korina top for that wood look, no pickguard, a simple string thru tune-0-matic setup, and 2 hum-cancelling single coil pickups.

Specs below:

Style: 7/8 Warhead
Construction: 7/8 Modern Construction
Scale: 24-3/4"
Orientation: Right Handed
Neck Wood: Roasted Maple
Fingerboard Wood: Roasted Maple
Nut Width: 1-5/8"
Back Shape: Standard thin
Fret Size: SS6230 (Stainless)
Tuner Ream: Vintage Style (11/32")
Radius: 10-16" Compound
Fret #: 24
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Inlays: No Inlay
Side Dots: White Side Dots
String Nut: GraphTech Black TUSQ XL - Standard Nut

Model: Chambered 7/8 T-Style
Orientation: Right handed
Scale: 24-3/4"
Wood: Black Korina on Basswood
Rout: Rear Rout
Pickup Rout: Strat® (Neck), None (Middle), Strat® (Angled Reverse)
Controls: X-V-T (Tele®)
Bridge: Recessed TOM-Staggered Strings
Jack Rout: 7/8" (22mm) Side Jack Hole
Neck Pocket: Strat® Shape
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Contours: Contoured Heel / Tummy Cut / Forearm Contour
F-Holes: None
Battery Box: No Battery Box Rout
Stud Install: Will mail in inserts to Warmoth

Mock up - coming soon..

Sounds like it'll be a good one. Love that black korina. Nice stuff. Good choices. Was this a custom order, then?

Thanks!
This WAS an all custom order.

Unfortunately, fiance just lost her job. Will have to put this on the back burner, and scouring the in stock models for something similar if i can ever find one..for now this is all on hold until she bounces back..

Rgand, appreciate it!

Though I'm not worried one bit, she's resilient, tough and hard working. We'll pull through!

Back