7/8 Tele Body with 24” scale mustang neck?

rf0621

I have a 24” scale fender mustang neck. I have heard that I can pair this with a warmth 7/8 body nad that it will still intonate properly. can anybody confirm this to be true before I order a boys?

Thanks!
Bob

Forum member Longrinn has done this a couple of times (and swears by it).
I'm sure he'll chime in at some point.
If you're impatient, you can probably search for a thread where he discusses it.

It works, though I've only put the two together with a flattop bridge that had a lot of range for fixing intonation, and as I recall that guitar did need it. I couldn't swear that a more limited bridge like a tune-o-matic, let alone a wraparound, would be viable. If you e-mail Warmoth they'll probably be able to confirm for you which bridges are going to be most likely to give you success. Of course, getting any 24" guitar to intonate correctly for the full length of the board can be tough with some string gauges, so if I were you I wouldn't be expecting absolute perfection anyway.

Once I learned of Logrinn's builds (thanks, man!) I went on a spree over the past few years and built six 7/8 strats with Mustang/Jaguar necks. I can confirm that I have used Tone Pros Tune-O-Matic, Floyd Rose Original, and Fender American Deluxe bridges with strings gauged .009 to .011 and all have intonated correctly.

Yes, there’s no problem using a 24” Mustang neck together with a 7/8 body. I’ve got one Strat with a hardtail and one with a Gotoh trem that both intonate as they should. I’ve also got a 7/8 Tele that works great.

Also got one Mustang and one Jaguar but they’ve always been 24” models.

You can actually find info on Warmoth’s page about the 24” neck and the 7/8 models being compatible
https://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/7-8th/Body/Strat/

(a bit down on the page by ”COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION”)

Back