6100 Stainless Steel Frets

Hopefully Gregg will see this and put in the good word.  I once asked if they would do a one off Antigua Burst, and they made it an option. ;)  I still feel bad that I haven't ordered one yet; my amp died and I had to get a new one (more important than a second guitar when you're gigging).  But the tax return AND my birthday are comin' up soon ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, I would definantly be interested in 6100 Stainless Steel Frets, that would be super huge,and super cool!!!!.......... :icon_tongue:

Yes , I would also like to see this , Even carvin offers this as an option. Both musikraft and usa offers it. Gregg told me he only gets this request from someone every 3 months and there are more important requests. Personally I wonder if there is something political about not offering this. I know there was some copyright deal between Warmoth and Tom Andersom Guitars as far as i read. Recently i tried to have them send me a small piece of the 6115 wire and no way would they do it. Seemed like a reasonable request before one spends $200 or more on the neck. They had sent me samples of the reg wire before so I dont know??

I don't see anything sinister or political in not offering an option that only gets 4 enquiries a year. On average, only 5% of initial enquiries result in a sale so if 6100 stainless wire is a make or break factor in doing a deal Gregg will sell one more neck every 5 years. :laughing7:

I'd concur with that as a desirable option...it's more ironic to see Jingles posting here, too...what up, bro? :D

Well , I cant imagine the 6115 strange triangle frets could be more popular. The only reason anyone probably gets those is because they are the biggest stainless Warmoth offeres. I dont really buy all that market research jive either. There must be some reason all the competitors carry them?  Im sure a lot of people want them who just didnt inquire. I say if you offered them , a lot of people would order them.  Go ahead , I dare ya. I mean really , whats the big deal anyway having one more spool of different fret wire around , so what ?

Just one more thing I thought of : Warmoth knows the 6100 nickel frets are the bomb , thats why they have em. You gotta know people who like that size Im sure would be ordering them in stainless. I wonder if Warmoth doesn't want to break their tools or worry that the necks w/ that size stainless fret might last forever?  And I mean its not like there aren't sillier options being offered : come on , an arrow headstock? lol !

boltboy said:
Just one more thing I thought of : Warmoth knows the 6100 nickel frets are the bomb , thats why they have em. You gotta know people who like that size Im sure would be ordering them in stainless. I wonder if Warmoth doesn't want to break their tools or worry that the necks w/ that size stainless fret might last forever?  And I mean its not like there aren't sillier options being offered : come on , an arrow headstock? lol !

they know its popular. the thing is that they have/had issues with the suplier, and that there wasnt a steady supply of this stuff. I remember a thread where somebody of W. told us that they're working on this.

Well if its an issue with the supplier , thats more understandable , although everyone else doesn't seem to be having a problem getting it. Its also confusing when one hears two stories like we dont offer it because it wouldnt sell enough vs we are having problems getting it. 6100 frets are very popular , dont forget there are companies like ESP whos guitars almost all come with extra jumbo 6100 frets. Im sure the stainless versions would sell for Warmoth.  My other issue though is also the fact that the measurements of fret height and width dont seem to be accurate on the fret page. The 6105 stainless frets i got on my neck seem more like the smaller 96 X 47 nickel version. It says they are supposed to be 102 X 49 but they seem pretty small and they wont send a sample to customers before ordering. The pictures of the 6105 and the 6115 stainless also look about the same height and width which is also confusing.  Dont get me wrong , I think Warmoth makes great stuff  at a fair price , its just these few issues I have w/ them.

Back