6100 Stainless Steel Frets

I would ask for all sizes to be availiable in SS version, especially 6150. Frets are important and W should offer more sizes, all of them stainless. People (even vintage freaks) will realize that SS frets are the way to go.

SS frets with binding as standard option also

BUMP
C'mon guys, let's make this happen. This issue is holding me off on ordering a neck from the big W. :sad1:

Kostas said:
I would ask for all sizes to be availiable in SS version

Seriously, SS fretwire can't be exhorbitantly expensive to stock, and it's not like it'll rust sitting around waiting for people to order... :icon_tongue:

Rickgrxbass said:
Kostas said:
I would ask for all sizes to be availiable in SS version

Seriously, SS fretwire can't be exhorbitantly expensive to stock, and it's not like it'll rust sitting around waiting for people to order... :icon_tongue:

Its more likely that they need to find a supplier that will sell it to them in a cost-effective manner.  That said, keep looking, guys!

Kostas said:
I would ask for all sizes to be availiable in SS version, especially 6150. Frets are important and W should offer more sizes, all of them stainless. People (even vintage freaks) will realize that SS frets are the way to go.

If you look at SS6105 dimentions, you'll see it is very close to standard 6150. SS6105 is what I use primarily.

Gregg said:
Kostas said:

If you look at SS6105 dimentions, you'll see it is very close to standard 6150. SS6105 is what I use primarily.
6105; High and medium thick. Good for Fast solos and bending, innit?

Now, if we could just get stainless steel frets on necks with binding, and headstock binding. :toothy11:

DocNrock said:
Now, if we could just get stainless steel frets on necks with binding, and headstock binding. :toothy11:

I don't quite get the obession with the stainless steel frets? They don't sound any different. Ostensibly, they will wear longer before needing any work, but how often are y'all dressing/re-leveling anyway? My favorite guitar that is sadly no longer with me was a hyper-hotrodded 1965 Gibson Melody Maker that was very well used when I bought it in 1982 with it's original frets still intact. In 19 years of hard playing it needed fret dressing a grand total of once.

Just get the nickel frets if you want the binding, in the long term I don't think it's going to make all that much difference...

Or are you guys playing/doing something I don't get that wears your frets down more quickly?

jackthehack said:
DocNrock said:

I don't quite get the obession with the stainless steel frets? They don't sound any different. Ostensibly, they will wear longer before needing any work, but how often are y'all dressing/re-leveling anyway? My favorite guitar that is sadly no longer with me was a hyper-hotrodded 1965 Gibson Melody Maker that was very well used when I bought it in 1982 with it's original frets still intact. In 19 years of hard playing it needed fret dressing a grand total of once.

Just get the nickel frets if you want the binding, in the long term I don't think it's going to make all that much difference...

Or are you guys playing/doing something I don't get that wears your frets down more quickly?

I don't know about you, but I start getting divets in my frets that are noticable after 2-3 years.  I do a lot of vibrato on the lower fret/strings and the wound strings really take a toll on the frets in this area.  This is the only place where I can see fret wear.  Since SS is harder than the nickel strings, this should not happen with SS frets.

I play in much the same manner, do a LOT of hammering/bending at the 2nd/3rd frets, don't see the wear that quick, but I've always used extra light strings -  GHS Boomers .009; you use heavier strings? Maybe you press a lot harder?

I use Boomer 9s as well.  I do grind the strings quite a bit in this area when doing a vibrato.

I'm with Jack on this one. I had one neck for a long long time and the wear was minimal. Of course, I wasn't giging every night either. I like wearing my frets down anyway. :toothy12:

Horray , Good work , The ss 6100 frets are here , thanx for listening Warmoth. Now you are the complete deal. You should post on your home page they are now available. , BBjavascript:void(0);
javascript:void(0);

Back