3Pickup Yellow Swampash V with Pau Ferro neck Finally Built

Knarz

Finally got around to building my 2nd Warmoth going back to the December sale.
see Just out of the Box http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=10918.0

Decided to add a third PP500 Push Push Pot 500k with DPDT Switch (On-On) rather than add more mini switches for the 4 wire humbucker series split parallel switching.

Lead Volume - SW1 Down for Humbucker Split/Up of Parallel (also assumes SW2 is Down)
Rhythm Volume - SW2 Down for Blues Bar (Middle) / Up for Jazz Bar (Neck) (when SW3 is UP) Also UP for BBQ(Lead) split mode.
Tone - SW3 Down for BBQ (Lead)/P90s (Rhythm) / Up for P90's

Just finshed up and plugged in. First impressions:
GAWD these RIO Grande Barpacks have a nice blues growl to them when pushed but clean up nice when backed off a bit. :party07:
Still have to make some tweeks but another satisfied Warmoth convert.

i love it! i've had the same idea for a pickup configuration. i love the sound of a bridge humbucker, but there's no denying a p90 in the neck sounds great. a p90 in the middle would give a good in between for a neck/bridge sound. definitely one of my favorite projects...

Thanks. It took me a little while to figure out the best way to lay out the schematic. I was pretty methodical about the wiring to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.

Here's a few more construction shots. It took 6 hours on a Friday (hey snow day) and another 6 on Saturday, but that's taking time and breaks; not rushing it.

Wound up making 2 jigs; one to hold the pots as I couldn't imaging wiring it together with the pots in place.  Chopped up a dowel for the Goth TOM so I could pound them into the recessed slot with a mallet. Froze the inserts and string ferrules for a week before I put them in.  I did find that the last few hits for the inserts required a real hammer behind the dowel tool  to get the last 1/32" flush.

Now that it's together I am finding that I need to cut the height of the BBQ Bucker's Mounting Ring  (HBRT1B Tall Humbucker Mounting Ring) down so I can set the action a bit lower.

Playing this guitar into a Vox Night Train; The Rio Grande Barback can get can strat bell like tones when combined as can the BBQ in split (very bright) so there are a lot more tonal choices than I expected especially when the guitar volumes are say at 5 or 6.

With no amp the guitar as a nice acoustic sound; very full.  Can feel the ring of open chords right through the body I think a bit more than my Chambered Strat Build but didn't A/B them yet.

:party07:

Back