3 Pickup Wiring Switch

So a very basic question: Will the 3 way standard switch sold on the Warmoth website be capable of switching between 3 seperate pickups, not just two pickups and a middle blended position? I know nothing about wiring and I’m scared… and I also don’t want to spend 60 dollars on a Freeway switch.

If you have 3 pickups, why not use a (standard) 5-way switch? 

Fwiw, I just installed a Freeway switch and highly recommend it.  Less than $50 on Stewmac, and $ well-spent IMO.  The extra tonal options are great.

Yes, to the 3-way blade switch (Tele-style)

No, to the 3-way toggle switch (Les Paul style)

Thanks for the replies so far. I’m wiring a Switchback body that I routed for SSS and a toggle switch that isn’t a blade, so it will have to be sort of like a Les Paul style toggle - maybe the freeway is my only option to wire three pickups. I would settle for just being able to switch between the three or the 5-6 way options that a freeway may have.

Also it is touted with Toggle Hole, Volume, And Two Tone holes sort of like a strat: had Warmoth offered the blade style switch I would have gone that route (pun intended).

Interesting.  I must admit I'm unfamiliar with the toggle-style options.  But I am a big fan of the Freeway switches, which may be your best bet.

Back