24-3/4 Conversion neck and the saddle positions

henry

I am mounting a 24-3/4" conversion neck onto a Fender strat. It seems that the saddles should move toward the neck by 1/5". Is this normal?

That sounds about right. You'll sure find out when you set your intonation the first time !

Yes, that's the problem for me. I've not bolted the neck yet but the saddle of the high E seems to collide with the bridge mounting screw (the 6-hole vintage tremolo). Maybe the tremolo needs to be replaced as well.

I think the problem is the size body of the guitar is that you're putting it on. Is it a 7/8 body? If it is not this is the reason it will not intonate correctly. 24 3/4 necks are meant to go on 7/8 bodies. 7/8 bodies are the same body shape they're just a tiny but smaller. I think if you were to order a body Warmoth could make it 7/8 for free but now that you've ordered it it might cost you like 40 bucks to send it in and such, they may not even do it. But give em' a call!

:rock-on:

-HM

No HMStrat!
There is no problem to conversion to need a 7/8" body... as it is advertised: conversion, just change...
Gregg said:
Black Korina Neck confirmed.

We designed the Warhead a few years ago. We haven't announced it on the Warmoth website since it's still done by hand and not CNC. I really like it. That peg shape is not on the site, that 7/8 body is not on the site, and that particular neck is not either. The neck is not a conversion neck and there is not a long fingerboard overhang to get the 24 frets. These are Warmoth's old school patterns that not too many people even know about.....but now YOU do....  :laughing7:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=222.15

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=conversion

And:
Gregg said:
CD said:
Gregg you wrote that it's a 24 3/4 scale neck, but no overhang with the 24 frets. Can I order a neck like that with a strat headstock?
Yes, but it's important to note that it does not work with a standard 25 1/2" scale body. You can have any flat top body "short-scaled" for $50 where they move the pickups and bridge placement slightly by hand to accomodate such a neck. A 7/8 strat-style body is made specifically for that neck. You can also get a tilt back of any peghead shape too. No extra charge for these necks, but you have to pair them up with a body made for it. The easy access to the higher frets is so cool!  :icon_thumright:

:icon_biggrin: Hope it helps

Perhaps you did read the entire thing, this is what I was saying:
Gregg said:
CD said:
Gregg you wrote that it's a 24 3/4 scale neck, but no overhang with the 24 frets. Can I order a neck like that with a strat headstock?
Yes, but it's important to note that it does not work with a standard 25 1/2" scale body. You can have any flat top body "short-scaled" for $50 where they move the pickups and bridge placement slightly by hand to accomodate such a neck. A 7/8 strat-style body is made specifically for that neck. You can also get a tilt back of any peghead shape too. No extra charge for these necks, but you have to pair them up with a body made for it. The easy access to the higher frets is so cool!  :icon_thumright:

Yeah, but that one from Gregg it's NOT a conversion neck...
It's a special neck... the conversion is just change...
NonsenseTele said:
Gregg said:
The neck is not a conversion neck and there is not a long fingerboard overhang to get the 24 frets. These are Warmoth's old school patterns that not too many people even know about.....

Back