22th of July 2011 - The day that changed Norway as we knew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read about this.  I can't comprehend someone targeting kids like that. 

I remember how messed up everyone was when Oklahoma City and 9/11 happened.  It's very sad to see more and more countries having similar events.

It's really terrible tragedy, for Norway, for Europe. Many people from Bosnia have found refuge in Norway, and our feelings of sadness are stronger.

He just confessed. He said;
"it was horrible, but necessary"

Media releases new pictures every fev minutes.
These pictures show the special task force entering the island. They shoutet at the murderer, and he surrendered without any complications.
978x.jpg

This image shows pictures from a video the murderer posted on youtube.
The video was a manifest, a script for a book.
978x.jpg

This pictures shows the shooter.
978x.jpg

It's just F'ed up. But we are relieved by the fact that he is caught and that he confessed.

Death penalty; no question - 2 behind the ear (bullets are cheap).

However, last I heard up in that part of the world, there was some Death Metal dude (Varg Vikernes) who killed
his band-mate because there was an argument over who was "most evil".  Said murderer got 21 years... yes, only
21 years for murder.

Not only that, he was released on parole after 16 years.

Now, Norway doesn't do the death penalty (and hasn't since 1905).

What all this teaches people is:

- you can, quite literally, get away with murder.
- life is cheap... especially the victim's.
- tolerance for heinous crimes

My guess is Anders Behring Breivik gets maybe 30 years, and gets out
on good behavior after 25... instead of getting what he should get.

Again:

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." - Thomas Mann

Mr. L seems to be trying his hardest to go against the wishes of this thread, even though they were posted in red.

*edit*
usually I ignore it, but it's very improper here.

AutoBat said:
Mr. L seems to be trying his hardest to go against the wishes of this thread, even though they were posted in red.

:icon_scratch:

I beg you - do not discuss religion or conspirations in this thread.

Death Penalty & Labour Party camp for kids - does not equal - religion or conspiracies.

AutoBat seems to be trying his hardest to be Thread Police when he doesn't have an
applicable case... nor the authority to do so.

SL, politics are against forum policy. I've been talking to Death By Diezel privately, and I think he does not want political discussion here. I'm not reporting or anything, just letting you know.

Also, death toll's up to 93, it seems.

Mr. L said:
AutoBat seems to be trying his hardest to be Thread Police when he doesn't have an

How about simply respecting the OPs wishes?  There is a lot of pain, mourning, confusion, etc... going on here.  Let's tend to our fellow forum member and his loss.

Mr. L said:
AutoBat said:

:icon_scratch:

I beg you - do not discuss religion or conspirations in this thread.

Death Penalty & Labour Party camp for kids - does not equal - religion or conspiracies.

Who are you, to talk about labour party in a country with democracy?!!!
You obviously don't know shite about my country - so PLEASE, stop discussing my country's politics.
Norway is one of the best countries to live in, because of our political programs.

Seriously - no more politics.

It turned out that one of the young members of AUF-Stjørdal, which is the city I live in - is either missing or killed in the shooting.
I know who he is, and my entire town is in deep sorrow right now. It has been arranged a ceremony tomorrow for everyone to participate.
Luckily, I'm not working by the time of the ceremony - so me and all my friends are attending.

While I understand the need to share feelings and seek sympathy this was a politically motivated event. Since politics are taboo then anything political should be considered taboo as well. Of course there will be some discussion, after all this is a forum. I too find it odd that children are being groomed towards a political party. If the subject matter is too sensitive for the OP to deal with perhaps this isn't the proper avenue for such a posting. Such things should probably be handled in private. When you post to a forum there are many different people and beliefs and viewpoints and personal experiences. As nice as it would be, especially in a time of sorrow, opinions will not always be the same. The way I am taking it is this thread is intended to be little more than a get well soon card. That is fine but the door is opened for commentary. It sucks that with a heavy heart here is a little more poop for the plate.  :dontknow: You just cant expect to dictate the posts made on a forum. It sets yourself up for frustration.

No one is groomed into anything.
It is their individual choice to get involved with politics, such as it was our choice wether to play guitar or bass.

capiche?

Death By Diezel said:
No one is groomed into anything.
It is their individual choice to get involved with politics, such as it was our choice wether to play guitar or bass.

capiche?

+1

You know what dude I don't need your attitude. You're pissed. Cool. I get it. I was not trying to bash your country or say who's right or wrong or whatever. In my opinion 14 years old is young and you seem to not understand the meaning of the word grooming as used in this context. I understand you are hypersensitive right now so I won't take anything personal. I'm really not interested in arguing over some dumb shit. You have a lot of other things on your mind and other places to focus your energy. I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back