2 HSS Strats: Which pickups?

In a month I'll have 2 1 piece alder Warmoth Standard Stratocaster® Replacement Bodies, 2 Warmoth Vintage Modern Replacement Strat® Maple Necks with rosewood fingerboards and 2 pickguards with an Angled Fat Humbucker (No Cover) made by Terrapin Guitars. Yes, I'm aware I'll have to make a minor modification to the guitar body in order to get the bridge pickup installed. Billie Joe has an angled JB SH-4 in the bridge of his strat, the guitarist in the Johnie 3 has an angled George Lynch Screamin' Demon SH-12 in the bridge of his strat, and Joe Queer from the Queers has an angled humbucker in the bridge of his strat. These are my top three musical influences of all time. My amps are an 100W 1973 Marshall Super Lead (Dookie Mod), an 100W 1974 Marshall Super Lead (Dookie Mod), and a 1960BV with 4 G12M’s (from the 1990’s) with the 6402 cone. The volume on the amp is always at 4, and the gain is always all the way up. It’s not a very gain-ey amp though. Also the power amp tubes are Winged C EL34’s and the pre-amp tubes are Chinese 12AX7’s.
That being said, what should the angled humbucker be, and what should the 2 single coils be? I don't care about mixing brands. I just need both of the guitars to have the exact same specifications. p.s. It doesn't have to be an angled JB or angled Screamin' Demon. It can be anything.

This is what the pickguards look like.

33eo0f6.png

Rio grande twangbucker would be a good choice, since it is meant to be used in that configuration.. the coils are offset slightly so that the pole pieces still line up under both strings
http://www.riograndepickups.com/scart/ProductPage.asp?ImageLink=VTTWBB&ProductName=For+Tele

If you contact them they'll sell the twangbucker pickup without the tele bridge plate, many Robin strat style guitars came with angled twangbuckers in the bridge position.

If you're looking for more of the 'screamin demon' thing then you'd probably want the overwound Muy grande twangbucker, as opposed to the vintage tallboy version

Rio grande singlecoils are nice also, or you could go with stacked singles like DiMarzio area series for hum canceling in all positions..

:icon_scratch:
:dontknow:
:icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
:doh:
http://www.roadhousepickups.com/
:eek:ccasion14:

Street Avenger said:
I really don't see the point of angling a humbucker.

it's just what his influences play. and if you have a vintage strat bridge and a gibson pickup the spacing doesn't match, turning the pickup a little would spread out the pole pieces more to pickup the e strings better.

Back