2 1/4” heel option (Charvel)

Archie Macfarlane

so you can use certain trem bridges without slip off at the 12th fret and for better spacing. Would this be a lot of work?

I realise warmoth may be discouraged to do this because it opens people up to Musikraft necks and may take away some buisness ...

In general I would love it if Warmoth offered Charvel-style necks and bodies. 2-1/4" heels, squared fretboard ends, 3/8" edge radius, small trianguler control cavity, San Dimas control configs, etc.

I've had a Charvel model series guitar for years and I'd like to get a new body for it to make a Jack Butler replica, and Warmoth do the red sparkle but not the neck pocket (or Charvel cavity shape) whereas Musikraft do the correct body shape but not the finish.

A good combination is the supervise neck and the narrow gotoh trem not sold by warmoth but will fit the 510 rout.

Archie Macfarlane said:
I prefer a wider string spacing at the bridge like a strat with a trem or a floyd rather than a TOM style

He probably meant the Gotoh 510 tremolo route (Gotoh has several types of "510" named bridges for some reason)

It’s worse than you think because gotoh is a homonym for 5-10 in Japanese.  Gotoh San has a sense of humor.

Oh, the makes more sense than what i thought which was that the head honcho (ceo aka cheif executive officiator) at gotoh was like, TOHtally into the board game GO.

gingataff said:
I've had a Charvel model series guitar for years and I'd like to get a new body for it to make a Jack Butler replica, and Warmoth do the red sparkle but not the neck pocket (or Charvel cavity shape) whereas Musikraft do the correct body shape but not the finish.

I'm in the same boat. Bought a Charvel Pro-Mod neck and needed a body for it. The body I wanted was straightforward enough, just a USA-spec San Dimas body with the spoke wheel cutout. Ultimately I had to have the body built and have it drop shipped to a paint shop (who despite quoting me a four week turnaround are now reaching the eight week mark). Thankfully, the company I ordered the body from informed me that they're going to be expanding into finishing very soon.

Needless to say, the order I just placed at Warmoth three days ago for an in-stock neck and body was so much more convenient. It really makes me wish Warmoth did Charvel stuff (and more accurate offset stuff but that's another post).

Is there a legit reason W can't do charvel stuff? like legally? Doesn't Fender own carvel charvel?

Edit: lol, I meant Charvel, but if fender wants to break into the ice cream biz, i would welcome them with open mouths

BroccoliRob said:
Is there a legit reason W can't do charvel stuff? like legally? Doesn't Fender own carvel charvel?

Edit: lol, I meant Charvel, but if fender wants to break into the ice cream biz, i would welcome them with open mouths

I can't see that being the case, not when Musikraft does Charvel stuff. Surely the license agreements would be the same for both companies?

Back