1st Warmoth build

lafromla1

I know that the thread header is Just Out of the Box, but I can't wait to get my box, so I thought I'd post up the pics of what will be my assembly.

When I saw the pattern on this chambered 2 piece mahogany VIP, I just fell in love with its symmetry:

VIPP124a.jpg

VIPP124c.jpg

VIPP124b.jpg

and this is the neck I chose since the I wanted a warm sounding axe to offset my 2 strats:

WN577a.jpg

brazilian rosewood

WN577b.jpg

White Korina

I'm going to drop a pair of Burstbucker Pro's in it and give it a whirl.....

I think that body has been in the showcase a long time, right? I have always admired it. Wonderful selection, methinks.

I thought about buying that body when it first went to the clearance section, but I decided not to because I have some big expenses coming up (which I will fill you guys in on when the time is right :D)

Yes, both the body and the neck were in the showcase.  I was told that this specific body was just built a few weeks ago.  There is another one that looks very similar that has been there for quite some time (and is still there).  I was looking for a special wood pattern and just fell in love with this one, and it had the finish that I wanted to boot.

I eyeballed this body myself, but at least now I get to see it completed  :icon_thumright:

Sweeeeeeeet.  Nice body/neck combo.  I'm thinking it will be a howler.  We, of course, will be requiring more info as to what you plan to put in this for pickups, the color of the hardware, well, anything that you can tell us.  Immediately!  :toothy10:

guitlouie said:
Sweeeeeeeet.  Nice body/neck combo.  I'm thinking it will be a howler.  We, of course, will be requiring more info as to what you plan to put in this for pickups, the color of the hardware, well, anything that you can tell us.  Immediately!  :toothy10:

Burstbucker Pro pickups (nickle finish), chrome knobs (rounded dome), stainless steel frets (6230's), chrome Schaller Mini Locking Tuners, chrome Gotoh Wilkinson Tremolo (don't use it too much, but its nice to have when needed and the body came routed for it already).

The Body is Beautifull,  and I also with these other guys, have been eyeballing that, and others like it.

But I believe that neck is awesome too and is a perfect choice and a great compliment to that body, the white korina figure on the backside ( i know thats the only side its on) is to die for.

What color hardware do you got planned?  Black? or Nickel?   

Pics when done Please

That looks like it's going to be killer Larry, black hardware I presume? To match some other black hardware.... :laughing7:

Boxes are in Jacksonville, to be delivered tomorrow....WOOHOO.  Pics will go up by Saturday of the unfinished product.

I'm still amazed at the quality of the neck and body.  I sure you'll be pleased when your boxes arrive.  Looking forward to your pic's.

Fresh out of the box.  I do have to say that I was blown away by the quality of the workmanship and appears to be better then my American-built Fender or my friends PRS.  Can't wait to assemble it and plug it in......(finished pics will follow in about a week):

IMG_0028.jpg

Body a little lighter then the showcase pic, almost rose colored.  I love it !!!

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

Grain on the ebony vaneer is really sharp.

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Grain on the white korina neck is incredible, showcase pic does it no justice.  While I ordered the Clapton-V back, it seems a little thinner in overall girth then my 2 Fender's that have the Clapton Soft-V.  Me thinks I'm going to like it better....

IMG_0038.jpg

Gibson Burstbucker Pro's.....

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Back