1st tele body is here......and WOW

lafromla1

Brown truck just delivered my first tele body.  Thinline (w/f-hole), Rosewood top and Wenge body.  I left the top selection to the boys at W and they did not disappoint.   :icon_thumright:  It looks like one of the more expensive custom option tops that were available.  Talk about raw wood, it started sucking the oils right from my fingertips as I ran my hand over it.  Dual Roadhouse True Blue P-90's are waiting for it as well as an Ebony/Wenge neck.  All black hardware.

teletop.jpg

teleback.jpg

teletop2.jpg

Tele002.jpg

Tele004.jpg

Tele001.jpg

tele2001.jpg

tele2003.jpg

Tele003.jpg

Tele006.jpg

Tele007.jpg

Tele011.jpg

Tele010.jpg

The naptha was wearing off in the later pics, but you can see the grain.  I absolutely love it.

lafromla1 said:
Brown truck just delivered my first tele body.  Thinline (w/f-hole), Rosewood top and Wenge body.  I left the top selection to the boys at W and they did not disappoint.   :icon_thumright:  It looks like one of the more expensive custom option tops that were available.  Talk about raw wood, it started sucking the oils right from my fingertips as I ran my hand over it.  Dual Roadhouse True Blue P-90's are waiting for it as well as an Ebony/Wenge neck.  All black hardware.

Pics up this evening as my work has put a hold on uploading pics to all the major image hosting sites.  :sad:

screw work, drive home quickly!!! I am sure this will be the ultimate thinline!!!!

OH CRAP, you never said it was that TASTY

Friggin DUDE, what a fantastic friggin grain

I am humbled to be in the presence of that Axe

WOW, that is great :kewlpics:

I left the top selection to the boys at W and they did not disappoint. 

Yes! That is top notch just like the guys at W. I love it! I don't need to see much more to know I want one. That's going to just POP!

This is pretty sweet how the back grain and colors flow right in with the neck grain and colors.  I mean obviously the grain pattern is linear, but the coloration is almost perfect between the two...
Tele006.jpg

my first thought was, I wish it was all Wenge, but that top is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! so it is absolutely perfect.. well, you know I have a bit of a rosewood top fetish ;)

DangerousR6 said:
This is pretty sweet how the back grain and colors flow right in with the neck grain and colors.  I mean obviously the grain pattern is linear, but the coloration is almost perfect between the two...
Tele006.jpg

The neck is quartersawn.  I wanted it to look like it was one piece all the way through.  But really....check out that killer neck plate  :icon_biggrin:

Marko said:
my first thought was, I wish it was all Wenge, but that top is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! so it is absolutely perfect.. well, you know I have a bit of a rosewood top fetish ;)

I was thinking of an all wenge tele, but i really wanted a rosewood top as well.

Wow, this thing looks AMAZING! I can't wait till it has a little oil on there to make those woods pop! :hello2:

And how heavy is the body?    How are you planning to finish it?    I've got to admit...I'm kind of GASing for an all-raw build for myself after seeing that body!

Jmohill said:
And how heavy is the body?    How are you planning to finish it?    I've got to admit...I'm kind of GASing for an all-raw build for myself after seeing that body!

I'll make it a point to bring the body in for weighing.  I plan on putting 5 or 6 light coats of pure tung oil/citrus solvent (1:4 mixture).  This will not darken it but will give it some grain distinction.

DangerousR6 said:
This is pretty sweet how the back grain and colors flow right in with the neck grain and colors.  I mean obviously the grain pattern is linear, but the coloration is almost perfect between the two...
Tele006.jpg

Must of been deliberate.

Back