1st Album, Single, Tape, CD etc, you bought with your own money.

Updown

If your like me & have been around a while & can't remember exactly which one it was, you 1st bought with your own $$$$
:dontknow:  Something close will do.

Also having a diverse age group and people from different countries around here.
This should be a very interesting topic.
I might even find something else to listen too, that I haven't even heard before.  :toothy10:

Mine was ...
Can't remember the exact 1st  45'' single
But .. one of these was. 

Single 45rpm … The Masters Apprentices - It's Because I Love You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKE2hmgzUgo

Single 45rpm … Russell Morris - The Real Thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HImcaPDmfBY

Single 45rpm … Eric Burdon + War - Spill The Wine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i0DMbCKnAg

Album (record) ……. Led Zeppelin II
(Don't really need a video link)   
Well what can I say. 
My bother is 3 years older than me so he had Led Zep 1 and a bunch of other great albums around that time (late 60's)
Thanks Bro.

I was around 10 or so, when I bought those.
:dontknow:  Bugger if I can even remember, how much they cost back then.

I must have started out in the right direction, as I can & do, still listen to those listed above 43 years later.
There was lots of great music coming out back in those good'ol days.
The era of Music I have grown up with ……….  I Wouldn't swap it for anything.  :toothy12:

Come on then.
RATTLE those brains  :icon_biggrin:  and try and remember what yours was, WITH YOUR OWN $$$$$
**** 1st Album, Single, Tape, CD etc, you bought with your own money ****

First stuff I bought were tapes of some of the LPs in my dad's collection so I could listen to them without getting yelled at... either Darkside of the Moon or Cream's "Wheels of Fire." (Politician is still one of my all-time favorite songs.) This probably would've been '89/'90 when I was about 9. 

First CD I bought was "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" by Primus.

Correction:  This was the first LP I bought using money I got for my birthday.  If you were a kid in Canada in the 80's, this was mandatory.

Apparently I'm older than you guys. I think the first album I bought was a Beach Boys live concert album. Never got into 45s much. And I don't remember my first tape cassette, cd, etc.

Are You Experienced by Jimi Hendrix, was right after school started in 1967. Wore it out playing it and had to buy a new copy the next year...

First LP: Elvis Costello & The Attractions - This Year's Model.

You can't make me say what my first single was.

I guess that it would be Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow.

Rainbow_-_Ritchie_Blackmore%27s_Rainbow_%281975%29_front_cover.jpg

:headbang1:

I don't remember what record I bought with my own money, but I remember distinctly what records I was given!
I was in the forth grade and the year was 1965.  I got a record player and two albums for my birthday. 
I have to give it to my mom, because she certainly hit both extremes of music with these two albums.  And the albums were...
Mary Poppins and Beatles 65'
I played the heck out of that Beatles album and have been a fan of rock and roll ever since  :icon_thumright:

Columbia House... 10 tapes + 1 bonus tape for  a penny.  Don't recall the exact collection I ordered, but do remember it included The Stones, The Who, CCR, AC/DC and Van Morrison.  Then came Napster, and I don't remember the last time I bought a complete album.

It was either Elton John's Greatest Hits Vol. 1, or Abbey Road, I don't recall.  This would have been 1978.

First tape I can recall buying was MC Hammer - Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em!
First CD I bought was "Weird Al" Yankovic - Dare To Be Stupid & Even Worse

Old Timer Warning!
I bought a number of 45s prior, but I clearly remember the first 3 albums I bought, all on the same day with money I earned over the summer in '68.
[list type=decimal]
[*]CCR - Creedence Clearwater Revival
[*]Steppenwolf - Steppenwolf
[*]Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
[/list]
:guitarplayer2:

Ddbltrbl said:
I clearly remember the first 3 albums I bought, all on the same day with money I earned over the summer in '68.
[list type=decimal]
[*]CCR - Creedence Clearwater Revival
[*]Steppenwolf - Steppenwolf
[*]Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
[/list]
And your hard earned $$$ were very well spent  :icon_thumright:

Well lots of what has been mentioned so far, is in my collection.
Except ...
Marry Poppins  :laughing7:  ...... or may-be it is  :icon_biggrin:

Ddbltrbl said:
Old Timer Warning!
  • Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
:guitarplayer2:
I had that one on 8-Track.  The first song was all of track 1 & part of track 2.

Back