1st Album, Single, Tape, CD etc, you bought with your own money.

DangerousR6 said:
First vinyl I owned was The Monkee's, first vinyl I bought was soundtrack to Kelly's Hero's. First Rock album was Kiss Alive II..

Sounds like there is a hidden story here.  :dontknow:
So, what were you listening to in the 7 years between Kelly's Heroes and Alive II?  :icon_scratch:

Ddbltrbl said:
DangerousR6 said:
First vinyl I owned was The Monkee's, first vinyl I bought was soundtrack to Kelly's Hero's. First Rock album was Kiss Alive II..

So, what were you listening to in the 7 years between Kelly's Heroes and Alive II?  :icon_scratch:
ABBA  .... 

First record was AC/DC's Back in Black, in 80 or 81.  I bought Foreigner 4 for my brother's birthday that day as well.  I loved that record shop, all the massive hanging promotional posters from the ceiling about 20 feet up, and friggin' just about anything you could think of was in there.  Doc and Earl Watson's Songs from Deep Gap, to the early Misfits.  Good times.
Patrick

Updown said:
Ddbltrbl said:
DangerousR6 said:

ABBA  .... 
ABBA, Leo Sayer... :icon_biggrin:

Vinyl: The Specials/ The Specials
Tape: It must not have been that great because I don't remember
CD: Red Hot Chili Peppers/ Uplift Mofo Party Plan

Still have them both.

Reo Speedwagon - Wheels Are Turning was the first tape that I'd bought with my own money.

As a kid I was given a Captain Kangaroo 45 that was titled "Ronnie". Backward steps from being a future musician were taken that day. Thank God I made a comeback!

Vinyl - Blondie-Eat to the Beat - My mom had a fit when I brought it home because one of the guys in the band was smoking a cigarette on the back cover. Funny enough I think I bought this after I bought my first cassette.

Cassette - Judas Priest-Point of Entry - Still one of my favorite albums

CD - Rush-Presto and Joe Satriani-Flying in a Blue Dream

And to answer KaiserSoze's question: Rush-Permanent Waves - I heard Spirit of the Radio and KNEW I had to play guitar.

The First cassette was AC/DC Back in Black. Started replacing all my vinyl with cassette at that point.

First CD was Joe Satriani Surfing with the Alien, started replacing all my cassettes at that point.. :icon_biggrin:

Back