1998 Baritone VIP finally done

BigDaveDeluxe

Hello Folks,

This is my VIP from 1998... Finally done.
Swamp ash with Flame maple top,Tequila Burst with Natural Binding, Maple Baritone Neck, Sprezel Locking Tuners, Wilkinson Trem, SD P-Rails with the SD switching pickup rings, 500k Concentric Pots, and Ernie Ball Baritone Strings .13 to .72's.

Plays Great, this is my first Baritone and it feels perfect in my hands... When I get them time... I will post a Video on YouTube of it Punishing a JB Fuzzface, Lovepedal BBB or Redhead through my Super Reverb.

Attachments

• IMAG0661.jpg
    666.4 KB · Views: 963
Nice job! And 14 years isn't so bad for a good build, right? <grin>

How many years did they make that body, does anybody know?

Better late than Never...  :dontknow:

I think Guitars are like a good Woman: they get better with age.  :icon_biggrin:

More to that but I will leave it alone.

Selling it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warmoth-VIP-Baritone-Complete-original-rare-1998-PRS-style-/200607400826?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2eb522037a

Death by Uberschall said:
Selling it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warmoth-VIP-Baritone-Complete-original-rare-1998-PRS-style-/200607400826?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2eb522037a

Sharp eye-- Thought that looked familiar. Glad to see it put together, but just to sell it? And a little steep for a Warmoth (yes, I know it's the "original" VIP body style, and a stunner), I'm trying to remember seeing an assembled W go for over a grand...

(Although it would match the Tequila Sunrise fretless Jazz bass I'm putting together  :glasses9:)

Well, I didn't realize I had comments and questions... yes the price is high but eBay rent is cheap and I love my guitar... even at 1800... I would put it against any professionally made baritone guitar.  Anyway, my wife asked me to take it down... mainly because of my frantone hep cat sellers remorse.

Yes the body is very resonant and it sat unfinished for about a decade ... I had a lot going on in my 20's and other guitars to play, college, the gym, marriage, cars, kids,  my career... listed in no particular order (kids come first, obviously).  :toothy10:

The pickups are crazy but might be going to a different guitar.  I think the baritone VIP needs 'tone zones' or something with more of a 'full' range.  I used the switching rings to get all the sounds from the pickups, so you only need a three way toggle.  The concentric pots are simply tone/volume in one (twice), they both turn independently... I didn't want goofy little switches or non original nobs cluttering up the guitar.

I did record a video but the BBB and fuzzface suck with a baritone (IMHO)... the redhead rocked with the super but what sounded good in person, killed the little mic on my old camera... I have since found a camera that can take the volume and I will rerecord when I can.

:guitaristgif:  :rock-on:

Back