VIP Build is done!

shasmo

Hi Folks,

I started a warmoth VIP build about 6 months ago and it is finally done !!! Super pscyhed about how it turned out and it sounds blazing!!!!!

Thanks to the folks on the forum for the much needed guidance since this was my first time building a guitar and i can't be more happier with how it turned out.

here is the link to my original post - http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=28511.0

Attached are some pictures and here is a short video i recorded with it, it sounds wicked!!!

https://www.facebook.com/sash.mahapatra/videos/1832850290338730/?l=7050693541982049792

Specs :

Body : Warmoth Chambered VIP Body - Black Korina on Mahogany
Neck : Warmoth Neck - Ebony on Wenge with Stainless steel frets.
Finish : Owner Finished. High gloss Lacquer finish on Black Korina top, Grain filled Mahogany back with a natural matte finish.
Pickups : SD Hot Rodded Humbuckers - SH-4 JB (Bridge) and SH-2n Jazz (Neck). Pickups wired for Coil splits with push-push switches
Hardware :      Schaller Mini Locking Tuners
              Fender Vintage 2-point Tremolo bridge
      Chrome pickup covers, Neck plate and jack plate
      Custom made ebony wood pickup rings and knobs

Attachments

• S&M Guitar #3.JPG
    S&M Guitar #3.JPG
    318.1 KB · Views: 328
  • S&M Guitar #2.JPG
    S&M Guitar #2.JPG
    374.8 KB · Views: 259
  • S&M Guitar #1.JPG
    S&M Guitar #1.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 297
  • S&M Guitar #5.JPG
    S&M Guitar #5.JPG
    338.9 KB · Views: 246
Lovely piece of work!  I really dig the  supernova fretboard inlays.  Altogether a beautiful guitar.

Beautiful! :icon_thumright:

But what's up with the bridge saddles? How come they're so far back?

Nice I like the look. The Korina turned out well more brown than olive like they sometimes turn out.

@logrinn...just how it is I guess....it still has great action.

@zhaezzy... My first pass was with truoil and it turned out very very olive. I couldnt like it and sanded all back down, stained it with some red mahogany minwax stain and lacquered it up.

Back