1969 Telecaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slylock Fox

If anyone is looking for one I have access to one for sale.  5599.99 + 9% sales tax.  If you would like more info let me know!

All original with case in a blonde finish.

$6103.99?
Laughing.png

If you want to sell a guitar that costs more than my car...

tumblr_l96b01l36p1qdhmifo1_500.jpg

Y U NO POST PICTURE!!!

AutoBat said:
$6103.99?
Laughing.png

If you want to sell a guitar that costs more than my car...

Y U NO POST PICTURE!!!

Y U INTERESTED?

Jusatele said:
5600 for a CBS Strat
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

telecaster.  CBS telecaster.......and its 5600 plus 9% sales tax...........

:glasses9:

You do have the ad posted elsewhere, right? Generally, the members here aren't ones to buy vintage guitars, because they build their own :p Good luck on the sell, though  :icon_thumright:

Slylock Fox said:
Jusatele said:
5600 for a CBS Strat
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

telecaster.  CBS telecaster.......and its 5600 plus 9% sales tax...........

:glasses9:
for a CBS Tele. good luck, but then there is a fool born everyday

+1 for disinterest due to CBS era.  The pic won't load but I'm assuming 3 bolt neck and bullet truss rod.  A tad overpriced, IMO, unless that's the negotiation jumping off point.  IIRC, the original Pink Paisley CBS Teles go for less nowadays, and their novelty makes them worth more.

hey you can't sell something if you don't try. :guitarplayer2:

+100 for disinterest. $6100 for something that was made when Fender was in its worst design and QC stage is a bit too rich for me.  :icon_scratch:

PaulXerxen (nexrex) said:
+100 for disinterest. $6100 for something that was made when Fender was in its worst design and QC stage is a bit too rich for me.  :icon_scratch:

ok, I am going to disagree with you a little bit..
The QC was not always awfull, it was really hit or miss.. I have seen some great playing CBS guitars... and who says that all pre CBS Guitars are all great???? there is a good chance that your average modern made in china knock off is just as good as a 50s fender right out of the factory.. also, I don't believe that all the $40,000 50s fenders are actually original... anyway, I can't play them, (at least not the accurate replicas) with their tiny square frets. ( having said that, I would still love to own a vintage fender anyway!!:))

In regards to the Design. I think Fender came up with great designs under CBS!! the 2 thinlines, the tele deluxe, the coronado, the LTD/Montego and... the Starcaster! there are also some great fenders in the early 80s (still under CBS), the first Dan Smiths', the fullerton reissues, the elite's, etc!!  I am not sure of the masterbuilt fenders were still under CBS, but I love those Esprits, Flame, Robben, etc..

oh, and yes, 6K is probably a bit much :)

Y'all are just being the usual pack of punk-ass haters that weren't even alive during the "CBS era" and ergo have no clue of what you're talking about so just STFU.
I had  a '68 Tele, stock, white with a rosewood on maple neck I used to play primarily Blues/Funk/R&B with in the mid-late 70's, perfectly fine axe.

While it might be actually worth around $500-1000 less than the OP's asking price, I've seen many a similar Tele posted on eBay for twice the price.

If you aren't interested in buying it, fine, but no need to diss the OP about it, grow the fudge up...

Jack, even you agree it's overpriced.  As far as I know, only one poster thus far wasn't alive in CBS era, though I don't know what that has to do with anything.  Several people alive and gigging with those instruments report the same things, as does Fender when actual employees of the time are sources in books.  Youth are often criticized for not knowing history and on occasion, when they actually do, they're told they weren't alive then.  So what. There are just as many negative stories/experiences as your good one.  For all the things Marko said they did right, Fender is starting to get it right with modern versions of those old things that don't reproduce all of the undesirable details of the original, I.e. the 3 bolt neck and bullet truss rod.  The ongoing thread about the Starcaster, they want a Warmoth one done right, not an original one.

jackthehack said:
Y'all are just being the usual pack of punk-ass haters that weren't even alive during the "CBS era" and ergo have no clue of what you're talking about so just STFU.
I had  a '68 Tele, stock, white with a rosewood on maple neck I used to play primarily Blues/Funk/R&B with in the mid-late 70's, perfectly fine axe.

While it might be actually worth around $500-1000 less than the OP's asking price, I've seen many a similar Tele posted on eBay for twice the price.

If you aren't interested in buying it, fine, but no need to diss the OP about it, grow the frick up...
I was alive
and they are Junk
however there is a fool born everyday and he is shopping on Ebay buying unseen product from a place he cannot return it to if it is not as advertised
it is over priced, should go for around 3 g's. It is unverified, pull the PG and let us look under there. It is a year of Fender that QC was so bad they were selling fewer guitars than previously. It took fender well into the 90s to recover from the CBS years. Going back to the 4 bolt neck plate was a big plus over saving pennies for having a 3 bolt one. It is a guitar in a market where you see more fakes than real anymore. Not a good thing to buy online, get an expert and buy it after having it verified. We are about to see the vintage market collapse under the weight of the fakes soon.

Wow.  I didn't realize this post would create some interesting thoughts.

As far as the tele I have available, the pots HAVE been checked and they date to 64 or 65.  The neck also checks out.  It's not my guitar, I just have the ability to sell it.  It's not my price.  It can be returned within a certain time frame.  I saw a forum topic listed GEAR FOR SALE OR TRADE.  So I'm posting that its for sale.

If you're not interested in it, why waste your breath telling us what a turd it is?

Besides I'm sure there is someone out there whose first guitar might have been a blonde 69 tele that was his or maybe his dad's and somehow might not have it anymore and wishes they did.  My first guitar was a Gremlin classical with a horrible laminate top that cost 100 bux.  Sure its crap, but it sits on a wall hanger with the rest of my high end gear and will remain to do so until I'm dead.  It was my first guitar-something I'll never get rid of.  why?  Because quality means nothing over the emotional attachment something like this has over me. 

The tele plays great by the way.  Sounded great through the Princeton too.

jackthehack said:

This isn't Harmony Central. Most of the members here are over 12 years old. For example, I was around during Fender's "CBS era". It was so bad, it damn near killed the company. Their products were a joke, designed and marketed by dingbats who had no idea how the business worked. It was very similar to what happened to Apple during the period Steve Jobs was gone. Buncha business majors came in who had no idea how things worked or where they were going, and it damn near killed the company.

Slylock Fox said:
If you're not interested in it, why waste your breath telling us what a turd it is?

The tele plays great by the way.  Sounded great through the Princeton too.
to help educate those who do not have the knowledge that it is a bad bad deal

and I am sure a fender squire telecaster plays great and sounds great through a Princeton also, does that mean I should pay 5 grand for it also? with that as the argument of it's worth, then I should pay 5 grand for a turd with a pickup on it, oh sorry, that is what you are offereing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back