12 string bass necks

Micahbell

Possible?
I understand how this wouldn't work well with standard fender neck pockets, but could this work with with medium or wide Geckos?

Man, that's a tough one. Obviously, it would take a custom order that you probably would not want to hear the price of. Designing the headstock to accomodate a dozen tuners would be a minor nightmare.

if you have the tools, you could always order a Deluxe 5 paddle head and cut it out yourself

all the best,

R

Is there bridge hardware available for that?  Must be quite the bridge!

Paddle headstock is likely the way to go.

I've seen folks use the Schaller 8-string bridge that Warmoth sells for 12-string basses.

It IS a damn shame that Warmoth won't just do Gecko 12-string necks.  If it were possible to build a Gecko 12ver, I'd do it in a skinny minute.

Ask them, THEY MIGHT TAKE YOU ON ! ! ! ask for Ken, ask respectfully, they are Totally busy, but a muse under Ken's nose might become a taker!?
No disrespect at all Ken !  He has taken on (special) projects from time to time. They are a 3rd generation Company. ala Gecko
The 4th is just around the corner. They are caring people,they NEVER look for "Making a quick buck". They are VERY passionate about what they do ! They look for innovation, they never look for flavor of the month, always sound and proven paths ! The cornerstone of their success.

I mean "lic. by Fender" speaks volumes!

I've met Ken and Paul on a couple of occasions through the decades, and they are men of TOTAL INTEGRITY! TOTAL!

Kreig

I had called and asked and got a no go on it.
I didn't, however, ask to speak with Ken.
I assumed he was kind of an un-reachable guy.

Back