#1 of 3 arrived

:redflag:  WARNING  WARNING  WARNING  :redflag: 

**** GOLD HARDWARE IN USE  **** 

Here's a couple of shots (not so good pic's)
I'm just about done on this, just need to buy a hardcase before attaching neck. Setting up etc.
Do that tomorrow or the next.

Yep I went with Gold hardware  :doh:  on this only because it looked good with the Tobacco Burst
Plus I don't have anything with Gold.

I went with a Hot P-Rails I had already for the bridge & got a SD Quarter Pounder for the neck.
Just added a mini switch for the P-Rail.

Plastic is still on the hum & pickguard !!

All wired up (& works) just gotta adjust / toss the neck on & stringup & setup etc.

Bit wet here  :sad: so get some outdoor pic's later on & will post in completed Tele section when completely finished.

Let the Gold debate begin  :icon_jokercolor:  :laughing7:

eafd03dc.jpg

e3abef76.jpg

7f0a6459.jpg

Looks really classy - iho! :headbang1:
I like the look of the double binding too, just not sure I would like playing one.
But it's an awesome looking axe! :icon_thumright:

My goodness! That's a beautiful Tele!

Won't get any arguments from me about the gold. It's perfect on there.

Updown said:
  **** GOLD HARDWARE IN USE  **** 

Let the Gold debate begin  :icon_jokercolor:  :laughing7:
1123673.jpg

I think we know my general opinion on the subject, so how about something creative?
A gold P-Rail would help out there. I say force Seymour Duncan to make you one.
Possibly another gold covered pickup.  It loses the flexibility of the SHPR-1, but aren't aesthetics king?

I'll admit Gold is not my first choice for hardware. That said, that is a fantastic looking Tele!  :eek:ccasion14:

Actually - I don't think you want a gold p-rail. You have mahogany, white, and gold in there. The neck PU is gold and sits in the middle of a white pickguard. The bridge is gold, and sits in the middle of a mahogany body. The IDEAL would be a pearloid P-rail that looks like the pickguard, but since I've never seen one I'd say the white p-rail is just hunky dory.

Thanks all  :icon_biggrin:

swarfrat said:
You have mahogany, white, and gold in there. The neck PU is gold and sits in the middle of a white pickguard. The bridge is gold, and sits in the middle of a mahogany body. I'd say the white p-rail is just hunky dory.
NO white in there  :icon_scratch:
(except the flecks of white in the pickguard & the Nut, plus MOP inlays)

Is a Vintage Pearl pickguard, which has more Cream than White.
Has Double Cream binding.
Has a Cream Hot P-Rail in the bridge.
(which all match up)

Then with the Gold neck pup & other gold bits, isn't to over the top.
I think if it had a Gold Hum cover in the Bridge would look real Crap  :icon_biggrin:

Gold isn't my 1st choice either, but thought why not on this one.
In the raw flesh, it sure looks classy thou  :guitarplayer2:

Another sweet build Updown.

I'm not a fan of gold hardware by any means, but on this axe it looks v.classy  :icon_thumright:

Very classy with the gold looks  great, let us know how the pickups are in different switch mixes with the Hot P-rails i think you are the first with the Hot version. :glasses10:

Thanks all  :icon_thumright:

leo12. said:
Very classy with the gold looks  great, let us know how the pickups are in different switch mixes with the Hot P-rails i think you are the first with the Hot version. :glasses10:
I do have a set of the P-Rails in this too ... http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17680.0
With a Hot in the bridge as well, which are great together in that one.

On this Tele, I just wanted something different to what I already have.
Had the P-Rails sitting here, then thought lets put a Tele Neck pup for added variety.
Which it seems to have, got the Bridge as high as I can & the Neck Quarter Pounder a lot lower.
Gee thats got some balls the Quarter Pounder.

Only just got it together & I'm still in set up mode, adjusting here & there.
I don't have a standard Tele here to actually compare it to, a mates got one, so when I get a hold of that
I'll have something to compare it too.

The middle position gives good variation, when changing the P-Rail :icon_biggrin:

Updown I didn't relise the red quilt strat had the hot version of the P-rails, that must be the most versitile guitar i have come across & a great detailed build thread for anyone on the fence.
When you say the quarter pounder has balls is it P-90 ish?

Gorgeous axe!

Def check out Rio Grande pickups.  Not only are they phenominal tone-wise, they have loads of cover options like the perloid which was suggested.  I do see you completed the build and it looks amazing nevertheless.

swarfrat said:
Actually - I don't think you want a gold p-rail. You have mahogany, white, and gold in there. The neck PU is gold and sits in the middle of a white pickguard. The bridge is gold, and sits in the middle of a mahogany body. The IDEAL would be a pearloid P-rail that looks like the pickguard, but since I've never seen one I'd say the white p-rail is just hunky dory.

Back