Zebrawood Hollowbody L5S

jmav

Here is a build I put together a while back. It's my first attempt and  I'm super happy with how this turned out.

I put it together in a blogroll with more pictures & explanations: http://bootleglutherie.wordpress.com/.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC_0155.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0197.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0372.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
Nicely done! And that's a nice blog you did. I'm sure that will help some people out along the way.  :rock-on:

Looks very nice  :icon_thumright:
I have a thing for Black Binding .... I love it !!

:dontknow:  That black dinner plate, just looks outta place ....
Would look a million times better without it.

:kewlpics:  :rock-on:

:eek:ccasion14: cheers y'all

I'm thinking I'll go 12 string on the next build and try and do it on the cheap... keeping an eye on the thrift store but not much turnaround on the 12str necks unfortunately.

That's gonna be nice.

I'm curious what you're going to do for a case. I have one of those in progress, and it appears there were too few ever built to entice the aftermarket into designing something that'll fit the thing. Too much ass on it, even for a square road-style case with no form fitting.

yeah - the case is definitely a problem with these, and I still haven't fully resolved it. Bought a bass case from Guitar Center that fit the body width alright, but of course the thing is way too long and huge , so not a perfect fit by any means. Turned out to be really heavy and cumbersome so I usually just toss it in a gigbag instead out of convenience.

Back