You can't say this guy isn't persistent

Lucky #7

http://cgi.ebay.com/1991-Custom-Warmoth-Green-Yellow-Rising-Sun-Guitar_W0QQitemZ330229685118QQihZ014QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You'd think maybe he'd drop the price a bit, but nope, he wants $1500 by God.  I can't fathom that there is actually another person on the planet that would think any part of that is cool except for the neck.

I just don't get it.  This is like the third time he's relisted it at least.  That's assuming the first time I saw it was the first time he listed it and I don't think that is the case.

For that price he will get it forever on eBay... The neck is insane, as much as hell coming to earth, but ok, I can get a nicier guitar new, directly from warmoth for that price, even with a insane neck like this

He's probably hoping some Japanese patriotic collector will grab it. Paint it white and red next time doofus!!!!!

tfarny said:
He's probably hoping some Japanese patriotic collector will grab it. Paint it white and red next time doofus!!!!!
Hoping for a colorblind Japanese patriotic collector? :dontknow:
"WOW! That guitar is REALLY RED!" :eek:

Could be like the optical deal I had in a science book in high school.  You stare at a black, yellow, and blue flag for a minute then look at a white piece of paper and you see a red, white, and blue US flag that was somehow imprinted temporarily on your eyeball it was kind of crazy.  Maybe I should sue to make them pay for my contacts.  I did that like fifty times.  :laughing7:

The problem with that is.... its too highly specialized.  And so it goes with everything.  When you custom trick out something, what you paid dearly for, might not be everyone else's cup of tea.

So the tailpiece, the paint, etc etc all make it harder to sell.  Conformity closer to accepted norms would make it a much easier sell.  He probably has a lot into it.... he'll probably never get it out of the item.  Cleaning it up a bit would help tho

You never know, there MIGHT be a red-green color blind guitar player somewhere in the world named Butch?

Back