WTH Forum weirdness

AirCap

I am new here, and I gotta tell ya - this place is the hardest forum to make a post with all the darn verification crap at the bottom. Usually takes 3 times to go through it, and then it will tell me I've double posted when I haven't. This place works as well as a Yugo or an old Peavey amp.

Once you've racked up some minumum number of posts that verification crap goes away.  It's really there to make it hard for the spambots.  Hang in there, buddy.  And welcome aboard!

Well, to give you an idea..... When I posted the above it timed out and I went elsewhere for a couple minutes. Came back and logged in again... viola! It posted. Screwy.

The forum software is not the greatest, but it isn't the worst either. I made some changes, so hopefully it will be a little easier for new members.

Wow, a Yugo reference!  I had my mind blown when I actually saw one of those earlier this year.  I've also spotted A VW Rabbit and a Citation this year.  I'm still on the lookout for a Vega and a Le Car.

Pintos and Mavericks had similar life expectancies. You could almost watch them rust and fall apart in real time  :laughing7:

Back in the day my buddy put a 302 V8 in his Pinto.  It started falling apart even faster then!

Back to the  original topic, I also have noticed recent annoyingness of the board, especially when starting a new thread.  What happens is that as soon as you click 'post', the site will spin to update until it times out with an error.  Then when you visit where you intended to start the thread lo and behold it's there!  To the OP - this is a fairly new thing; it seems to have started this week.  I blame Kevin :)

Mayfly said:
Back in the day my buddy put a 302 V8 in his Pinto.  It started falling apart even faster then!

Back to the  original topic, I also have noticed recent annoyingness of the board, especially when starting a new thread.  What happens is that as soon as you click 'post', the site will spin to update until it times out with an error.  Then when you visit where you intended to start the thread lo and behold it's there!  To the OP - this is a fairly new thing; it seems to have started this week.  I blame Kevin :)

Ya, this is a verified issue. It's on the list of stuff to get to.

Yeah, they've been out to get me for a long time. But, my computer never logs off, so I'm safe.

Im actually see Mavericks occasionally. The Grabber w/ the 302 V8 actually moved out pretty well. I had a 302 V8 maverick and..er..it fell apart  d'oh! PIntos and Vegas? Never see them- same as the Chevy  Chevette, Chysler Lebaron, ..i literally never ever see any of those kinds of cars  on the road anymore.

Older cars, in general, are becoming a rarity. The vast majority of cars that I see on the road are not more than 20 years old. On that note, I predict that in 20 years, almost everyone will be driving cars that look like tree-hugger spaceships. That seems to be the trend with new car designs.

What's the difference between tree-hugger spaceships and ordinary spaceships?  :icon_scratch:
Or rather, what is a tree-hugger spaceship?

Of course. Should have known.  :doh:
What about a tree-hugger Warmoth guitar? Will that sound ecological? :laughing7:

The Carbon offset on my Corvette has probably been evened out by now (as long as I don't turn it on!)

Wizard of Wailing said:
      Wow, a Yugo reference!  I had my mind blown when I actually saw one of those earlier this year.  I've also spotted A VW Rabbit and a Citation this year.  I'm still on the lookout for a Vega and a Le Car.
I drove a Rabbit for a while, it belonged to my uncle. But it had a motor and trans from a Caprice Classic in it. 305ci, not your typical Rabbit.... :laughing7:

Back