Wraparound bridges? Pigtail, Gotoh?!

Photojoe

I've only heard good things about the Pigtail Wraparound bridge (http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_non-trem_bridges/1/Pigtail_Aluminum_Wraparound_Bridge.html), but it's advertised as "low-profile", which leaves me to ask whether the neck-pocket needs to be angled or not. I've done nearly every bridge option except a combination wraparound bridge, and Pigtail seems to make the best (that along with TonePros locking studs). If anyone has experience with them, I'd love to know what you think in terms of mounting and such. If you've used another wraparound, feel free to tell me what you think! Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you'd need an angled neck pocket.  But I wonder if that stud spacing is compatible with the Gotoh that W sells.

I have no idea if an angled neck pocket is needed or not... but

I like the concept...

i think they have the bridge too close to the p90 in this instance.. It looks like fun to get that high E string in unless the angle of the shot is playing tricks on my eyes.

Pigtail_Aluminum_Wraparound_Bridge_Detail2.jpg

dbw said:
I'm pretty sure you'd need an angled neck pocket.  But I wonder if that stud spacing is compatible with the Gotoh that W sells.

I'm guessing it would sit as high as a tune o matic, so yes, I'm thinking it would need an angled neck pocket.

I would get the angled neck on that for sure. Think about this: How high off the body are the strings in that pic, compared to on a strat or tele? A lot higher, no matter whether or not it's 'low profile'. And, you can always jack up that kind of bridge to work with an angled neck, but you could have a problem the other direction.
Assuming the bridge in that pic is intonated correctly, the owner ought move the bridge outwards using the bridge set screws, then get the saddles closer via the saddle screws

As far as it being off by 1/2 mm, think about it; that's 25 micrometers per side; close enough that I'd bet it fits on just fine.

tfarny said:
As far as it being off by 1/2 mm, think about it; that's 25 micrometers per side; close enough that I'd bet it fits on just fine.

especially if you use a little "persuasion".

My guess is that the 0.5 mm is rounding error when converting from inches, and that it's the same exact fit.

Oops - did a bit of internetting and the OP should definitely use the Gotoh 510 route for that pigtail bridge. The listed specs are only .2 mm off (the pigtail is 81.79, gotoh 510 route is 82).

Back