Working on a new order

Crappy

Working on placing an order for the LP I have been putting off.
What do you think of this.

The Body:

Carved Top LP Mahogany body/ Quilted Maple top
Cream Binding
Recessed Floyd Rose Original tremolo
Bill Lawrence L500L for bridge
Bill Lawrence L-90 for neck

The Neck:

Warmoth "Pro" LP neck Indian Rosewood
Ziricote Fingerboard or Ipe Fingerboard
Cream Binding
Block Inlays
Frets 6105
Grover tuners

Should look like this, I hope

I rather like it.  Not sure about the pickguard though, I would prefer to show off as much of that wood's beauty as I could, but it's nice nonetheless.

Here is another version of it.
With the Quilted Maple top I would go with no pickguard.
I was first thinking of maybe a solid color like Spectra Blue

I love them both.  :icon_thumright:

Just check the neck binding at the end of the fretboard when you get yours. I'm sure it will be ok, since you're not me - but you never know. :tard:

i like the idea

the only thing i dont like about that pickguard is the amount of dust thatll get under there

ANNOYING

whatever you pick'll still be cool, though, regardless

Sweet picture. I have to ask what you used to draw it. I tried doing a mock up with The GIMP and it looks like a real hack ;-) .

ddeacon said:
Sweet picture. I have to ask what you used to draw it. I tried doing a mock up with The GIMP and it looks like a real hack ;-) .

http://www.frankmontag.com/custom_lp_style_guitar.htm

Crappy,

That looks like it's going to be a sweet LP!

RLW said:
ddeacon said:

http://www.frankmontag.com/custom_lp_style_guitar.htm

Rich,

That's a really cool little toy. I could play with that all day. Thanks for posting the link!

Crappy,

I don't want to hijack your thread, but after spending a little while playing around with that thing, it sent me on trip down Memory Lane...

...I used to have a 1997 alpine white Gibson Les Paul Custom that looked almost exactly like this:

conceptlp_07.jpg

For a time, I had replaced the black Gibson speed knobs with gold ones and I had replaced the stock Gibson 490R/498T Alnico magnet humbuckers with an EMG ZW set which made it look alot like this:

conceptlp_08.jpg

Then, right before I sold it, I changed it back to the black knobs and stock pickups. I ended up getting $1,214.00 for it (not bad considering that I only paid $1,800.00 for it to begin with) which I put toward my Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier (which made it a little easier to part with the guitar :icon_biggrin:).

I still have a black 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio that looks almost exactly like this:

conceptlp_09.jpg

Back