Woodburning on quilted maple Strat

Hey - I have a turtle wood burned on my warmoth too - but I see you're planning to cover up the first one.

Every time I think it can't get any better...

I don't know how to intensify the "astounding" adjective I already applied.

Cagey said:
Every time I think it can't get any better...

I don't know how to intensify the "astounding" adjective I already applied.

AstoundingER.  Duh.  And it is!

I got to admit, when you started this thread and said you were going to wood burn a nice quilted maple top, I thought it wasn't a good idea.  But then, that was before I saw how talented you were.  That is a stunning looking guitar!  Nice job!

Well, it seems as though it's been a REALLY long wait (actually the longest I've waited for any Warmoth piece, though it's right on their projected schedule-I'm not complaining), but the neck
they built for this guitar is due to arrive tomorrow (Friday, 11/16). Hoo-Raaay!
                  Macassar Ebony on Goncalo Alves, unfinished
                  SS 6100 frets
                  '59 Roundback
                  Ivoroid Binding
                  Diamond Pearloid Position Markers
                  Vintage Tuners (Cuz I like 'em!)
Pics'll be up tomorrow night just as soon as I can slap that thing t'gether.... 

DONE...
PB160157.jpg
PB170168.jpg
PB170170.jpg
PB170167.jpg
PB170164.jpg

Simply amazing. I'm not sure if I've ever seen such a great piece of wood work. Just astonishing. :icon_thumright:

Killer Neck  :icon_thumright: ... very very nice looking Macassar.
Killer Body  :headbang: ... great job !!

That's clever  :icon_scratch:  the control plate magically sits there. Oh yeah .... gravity !!

With your super Vee trem ... (I don't own one)
do you just use the standard saddles that are on them ?
Or toss on some graphtech saddles ?

I might try one of those trems, on one of my vintage 6 hole guitars someday.

Hey Greg, I think we are about due for a Warmoth family guitar portrait from you.  :blob7:
Or
There again, they probably won't all fit in the photo    :laughing7:

The Bladerunner trem's got its stock saddles on it-never needed to think about changing 'em. Good eye, Murray; the rear cover is indeed depending on gravity alone for that shot--the nasty little secret is that the guitar isn't wired yet...that's the next and final step. Can't wait to check out the tone on those J. Barden soapbars. You want a "family" shot, huh? It just so happens we'll prob'ly be all getting together for Thanksgiving, so who knows.... 

Back