Woodburned & Handpainted Strat...it's Enough.

Great Ape

Way too sunny to get outdoor shots today, so these are just teasers until I can get some that really do it justice...turned out pretty well, but I'm gonna have to learn to use rattle can lacquer so the painted surface gets a deeper protective layer.
    Chambered mahogany
    Quilt maple top
    Woodburned & handpainted w/ acrylic paint markers & brushes
    Mahogany 24 3/4" conversion neck
    Rosewood f'board w/MOP dots, SS6150 frets
    Gotoh vintage tuners
    Bladerunner Trem
    Duncan vintage P-90 neck, Duncan 'Seth Lover' brdge
P1230231.jpg
P1230230.jpg

Just.... Dang!  I'm glad I haven't got anything to enter in the Guitar of the Month.  Or year.
Congratulations!
We're about due for a collection shot, too.

Fantastic detail love the fold back hide & colors. The Blade runner seems a popular choice
on your builds, can you give some feed back on it, are the tuners locking? Thanks.

Thank you...yes, I do like the Bladerunner--it's very smooth, and noticeably lighter but more solid feeling than the Fender/Gotoh vintage units. I really don't use a whole lot of whammy, but when I do I like to have the thing return to pitch dependably of course. I also don't use locking tuners, but I bet that would make the whole set-up even more reliable. I just try to have a well cut nut and let it go at that. I'm a blues player, and I'd say I'm particular about my 'set-up' but not fussy, if that makes any sense. I try and keep it all as simple and straightforward as possible (and light-weight :icon_biggrin:).

So... when you play that thing just right, does a Cobra snake rise up out of that basket, all mesmerized and ready to dance for you, as is usual?

HPSITB-1-254x300.jpg

Very nice!  That is a nice as or nicer than many of the custom shop stuff that goes on the Fender Custom Shop Calender!

I've totally run out of words on how to describe this work of art 

Lets just say .....

Future GOTM & GOTY

When can I vote ?  :blob7: 

Absolutely brilliant piece of work Greg  :icon_thumright:

Cagey said:
So... when you play that thing just right, does a Cobra snake rise up out of that basket, all mesmerized and ready to dance for you, as is usual?

HPSITB-1-254x300.jpg

Wrong "Indian"

indiantache2.jpg

MULLY
couldn't pass that one up  :hello2:

tylereot said:
Just.... Dang!  I'm glad I haven't got anything to enter in the Guitar of the Month.  Or year.
Congratulations!
We're about due for a collection shot, too.

Yep! I'll be entering my Frankenstein once it's done, and I have no idea if it could get GOTM or not because of what it is.....although I don't recall ever seeing a VH guitar in the running, but Guitar of the Year is already settled right here on this page.

Fantastic work, man!!! Can we get a "laying on it's side" look at it?
MULLY

mullyman said:
Yep! I'll be entering my Frankenstein once it's done, and I have no idea if it could get GOTM or not because of what it is.....although I don't recall ever seeing a VH guitar in the running, but Guitar of the Year is already settled right here on this page.
Unless you count DMRACOs beautiful winner sourced with body & neck blanks: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=20709.0

mullyman said:
Cagey said:

HPSITB-1-254x300.jpg

Wrong "Indian"

indiantache2.jpg

MULLY
couldn't pass that one up  :hello2:

Extremely Droll, fellows, extremely droll... :laughing7:Thank you for all the kind words...and may I remind you all---it's only January! Sorta early to be talking about GOTAnything, ain't it?
And, actually, it's funny ask about that cobra.........

AutoBat said:
mullyman said:
Unless you count DMRACOs beautiful winner sourced with body & neck blanks: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=20709.0

Sorry, I was talking about a striped VH guitar. I have a feeling something like that won't get much attention. hehe!!
MULLY

Back