Wood Pickup Covers

Thanks Rod! :D

But I've some blades to cut pearl, should work?
Pearl_Cutting_Saw.jpg

Scrowsaw probably won't be used, would be very expensive for amateur use...  :tard:  Wish I had money to buy band-saw and a drill-press at least...

And the bit for the drill is it .011" too?

maybe you could make your own fret saw to mount one of those thin blades in if you can't find a fret saw with a deep enough throat locally ... I don't believe you have enough throat in that saw (your image) to be able to cut out the cavity/cover

here's what to look for
fretsaw.jpg

be sure to stock up on blades! it doesn't take much of an angle during a push/pull to break the blades on one of these

did I remember to note that you cut the covers out before gluing the top to the body blank? if not, well ... you should.  this same technique can be used to make a matching control cavity cover if you were to also have a back laminate on your body

all the best,

R

Thanks for your always helpfull and prestative answer Rod!  :glasses9:

But this is for future, I don't trust in my skills so far for that kind of very accurate work!  :icon_biggrin: I'll let it for a while to the masters like you  :eek:ccasion14:

Vol. Knob said:
NonsenseTele said:
Yes, he only sells the cover alone for P90...  :sad1:

Actually he sells the pickups too.  I have  a set on the way for my first Warmoth project.  

Yes, but I'm not sure yet about his pickups, for now I would still buy Bare Knuckles and fit it with wood cover...

Back