Wiring for 72 Tele Deluxe

fiat_cc

72 Warmoth partscaster 72 Tele Deluxe with Lollar Regals. I don't know exactly how it is wired currently, but it uses 1 Meg pots, and I love the sound at full volume and tone in each of the neck and bridge positions. It's wired so in the middle position I have individual control of each pickup for balance. The issue is that rolling off the volume drops the treble dramatically, and both volume and tone are very touchy between 7 and 10 on the dial.
Does anyone have a suggested schematic that can substantially reduce treble roll of (not keen on a treble bleed I don't think), and reduce the touchiness?
Cheers,
Reuben

To reduce the loss of top end when rolling off the volume, I wire my guitars with the tone circuit feeding from the volume pot output lug instead of the input lug (what is called "50s wiring" in Gibsons). Works great, no "treble bleed circuit" necessary. The trade-off is that if you have both the volume and tone controls rolled back simultaneously they are more interactive. It's worth a test drive, as it costs nothing and is fully and easily reversible.

All that said, my Jazzmaster, which also uses 1meg pots, didn't benefit from this treatment near as much as my 250k/500k pot loaded guitars. Much better than it was with the "normal" tone circuit, but still loses more top end than my others. Not sure whats behind that technically, but I have chalked it up to some quirk of 1meg pot behaviour. I go with it.

Back