Will there ever be a 35" j-bass neck?

C

Cederick

I need a fiver for my homestudio, and since I've tried BEAD strings on my current Ibanez, I've noticed the B string is too loose.

Tried a Jackson X-series 5-string bass in a music store, and while the quality control was rubbish (bad fretwork and a tuner that was installed a bit rotated so it clashed with another tuner... hahaha!!!), the B-string felt better, probably because of 35" scale.

But deep down I want a J-bass style. The Warmoth fanboy inside me wants a Warmoth but the 34" scale limitation puts me off. I know Warmoth makes 35" Geckos, but its not the same for me.

So I've looked at Bacchus, Maruszczyk, Hammersmith among others, and they all make a snow white (super important for me  :icon_biggrin: ) j-bass with 35" scale length.

But the price ends up being basically the same on all as a Warmoth would be (except I could get stainless frets on the Warmoth for a nice and microscopic upcharge), and they all lack steel or graphite reinforcement, which makes me feel I might end up with a rubbery neck if I'm unlucky...
The Bacchus is cheaper, but they only come with chrome hardware so that has to be changed out anyway to black (to match the white finish and all that)

So... Will Warmoth offer some 35" options for 2017?  :sad: I would be so all over it  :hello2:

Back