Will an FU Tone FU2 Floyd Rose fit on a Warmoth Floyd Rose Route? Or should I order a Floyd from Warmoth?

CaryMiller

See the title of the thread. I'm pricing out parts for a new guitar for touring and I was doing some homework on the FU2 "Build your own bridge" Floyd. However, It says that their baseplate is a little bigger, so I'm wondering if it would be best to order a Floyd from Warmoth directly and get some upgraded parts from FU Tone. Thanks for your time.

If you are going with a non-recessed floyd option then the baseplate size is less of an issue. For recessed, you will need an OFR german made for it to fit especially if Warmoth does the paint work.

If you are going with a non-recessed floyd option then the baseplate size is less of an issue. For recessed, you will need an OFR german made for it to fit especially if Warmoth does the paint work.
If I go with a floyd I'm going Non-Recessed. So you're saying that the baseplate size won't make much of a difference in that case with the posts?

If I go with a floyd I'm going Non-Recessed. So you're saying that the baseplate size won't make much of a difference in that case with the posts?
Correct. The German made OFR is smaller than all the other OFR variants along with Schaller, Gotoh, etc locking trems. This means that the recessed routes are designed specifically for the German OFR.

For non-recessed, there is nothing to clash with, thus opening up your options for which trem you install. I have sucessfully installed several Korean 1000 series floyds and Schaller Locking trems on non-recessed Warmoth bodies.

The only issue that can come up with the non recessed is if you are installing a pickguard but even then there is a bit of play because the pickguard cut is not as tight as a painted recessed cavity.

Hope this helps.

@supertruper1988 provides spot-on info about the baseplate. If you're going non-recessed, it's a non-issue.

The only other thing to think about is the block size and depth. I don't know enough about the FU stuff to offer helpful advice there. I can only say that I've run into situations in the past where the size and depth of a block inhibited full motion of the trem. May or may not be an issue, but worth paying attention to.

Back