Will a Warmoth neck fit on Pawn Shop Mustang?

McBrain

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a Pawn Shop Mustang and fitting it with a Warmoth neck. The main reason is that I prefer a flatter radius on my guitars, but I will also opt for SS frets, satin finish and "modern" staggered/locking tuners.

However, I was unsure about the following questions:

- Will it fit without modifying the neck pocket?
- How about the screw holes that are pre-drilled by Warmoth?

Does anyone have experience with this? I assume that the PS Mustang will have the same neck pocket as the normal Japanese reissue Mustangs and maybe also the Jaguars. So experience with any of those will also be good.

I've bought a Mex RR Strat Body and a Japan Aerodyne Strat Body and have fitted Warmoth Necks on those  :icon_thumright:
No need to modify anything !!

If it's like this ... http://www.fender.com/products/pawnshop/models.php?prodNo=0266400

Yep will fit, the holes in the neck done by Warmoth are the same as Fender.

That pawn shop Mustang has a 24" scale length a call to warmoth  will answer your question :sign13:

leo12. said:
That pawn shop Mustang has a 24" scale length a call to warmoth  will answer your question :sign13:

It is of course a Mustang 24" replacement neck I am planning on getting. I don't think Warmoth have info on the neck pocket specifications of all guitar models. I therefore went with the forum first for some personal experiences.

Updown said:
I've bought a Mex RR Strat Body and a Japan Aerodyne Strat Body and have fitted Warmoth Necks on those  :icon_thumright:
No need to modify anything !!

If it's like this ... http://www.fender.com/products/pawnshop/models.php?prodNo=0266400

Yep will fit, the holes in the neck done by Warmoth are the same as Fender.

Yup, thats the one. I'm gonna give the original neck a chance first, but I wanted to make sure that I would be able to replace it with a Warmoth if needed be.

Thanks!

Another zoomy fact - the Warmoth "Warhead" necks with 24 frets and 24.75" scale are a direct "conversion"-style bolt-on to a Mustang or Jaguar body. I've got one underway, and a Warmoth "Mustang" that's going to need one of those... and maybe another. If you want a Mustang-sized guitar you might want to think about Warmoth all the way. The Pawnshop Mustang avoids a few of the original Mustang's faults - namely the bridge - but it's still only budget-Fender quality. Stick with things like Gotoh tuners, GFS pickups you'll still be ahead.

MyPictures00142ejpgmsg699006AF-C73B.jpg

Yeah, I knew about the 7/8 warhead necks being compatible with Mustang/Jaguar. But I want it to be 24". I was just uncertain if the neck pocket on the japanese Mustangs was the same as the original US ones.

If Warmoth had a PS Mustang body, then that would have been the way for me. I really like the slightly different design and smaller size. I am going with Gotoh tuners, but the original pickups sound great, so they will stay.

If Warmoth would add some more bridge choices, then that might change my mind. I know I can get the TOM bridge, but I'm still stuck with the original tremolo. A regular TOM and a tailpiece would be nice (Like on this Fender japan model: http://www.guitarplanet.co.jp/sp/sea/data/1001/r/3509_1.jpg) or some standard hardtails with string-thru. What bridge is that on the Mustang in your picture?

Yeah, I built the Mustang in 2005 - they've since unfortunately cut back on the options available on these and Jaguar bodies. It was an Ebay hardtail bridge, I think $25- $30. I've seen them on other guitars - Godin I think. I'm working on a warhead neck going on a '96-'98 Japanese "Vista-series" Jagmaster body, basically a Jag body with a Strat-type whammy hole. Fender basically seems to preview models like the two-humbucking Jaguars or Mustangs in Japan first, for some reason. And they reissue the original Mustang with every single original rinkydink feature here. Here's a fun place for the weirdo-Fenders fan:

http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19768

Back