Wilkinson VS1300 route compatibility?

ElectricEye

Hi, I want to put a Wilkinson (Gotoh) VS1300 Tremelo into my soloist build. (I've already ordered it)

Is this going to cause issues?

*Edit* It does look like Warmoth sells the VS100N. I have added the comparison below.
The only differences are...
- VS1300 block is 1.8mm thicker than the VS100N.
- VS1300 block is shorter by 1mm than the VS100N.

I'm sure with some math one could figure out if it balances out or the VS1300 would require a little chisel work.
With the block being the only difference I think it would be safe to order the Wilkinson or Wilkinson Semi-Recessed route.

VS100N https://warmoth.com/media/skin/images/PDFs/bridges/Gotoh_Diagram.pdf
Thickness of Trem block: 11.2mm
Trem Block Length: 41mm (Shorter than the VS1300 by 1.8mm)
Trem block width: 63mm

VS1300
Post spacing?
Thickness of Trem block: 13mm (Thicker by 1.8mm)
Trem Block Depth/Legnth: 40mm* (Shorter by 1mm)
Trem block width: 63mm (same)

Thank you for you any input!

Attachments

• Wilkinson VS1300 Diagram.jpg
    Wilkinson VS1300 Diagram.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 15
  • wilkinson vs1300 diagram 2.jpg
    wilkinson vs1300 diagram 2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 6
  • wilkinson vs100n.jpeg
    wilkinson vs100n.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
As far as I know, it is the VS100N that Warmoth sells (and routs for), as it is made by Gotoh and the N is what designates that.

Check with Warmoth parts or sales.

I think you are right, stratamania! https://warmoth.com/wt1 They didn't title their product correctly on the page. You can very faintly make out the rounded humps on the back of the "N" trem. As well as the string spacing matching up to the VS100N and not the VS100.

I will update the initial post to reflect this.

The only differences are...
- VS1300 block is 1.8mm thicker than the VS100N.
- VS1300 block is shorter by 1mm than the VS100N.

I'm sure with some math one could figure out if it balances out or the VS1300 would require a little chisel work.
With the block being the only difference I think it would be safe to order the Wilkinson or Wilkinson Semi-Recessed route.

I will confirm this with Warmoth and point out the discrepancy if they don't happen to notice this thread.

Thank you for pointing that out! It was a big help!

Last edited:
Note the semi recessed rout only adds the ability to pull up a little further on the bar.

@J-Bones bones, can you confirm on the VS100N being the actual part number Warmoth sells, please?

@ElectricEye for me, the rout should work out for you. The difference in block size for the 1300N is negligible.

Back