Wilkinson Routing..

m4rk0

Epic Member
Ok, I am not sure why I didn't notice this sooner...:

I have a recessed Wilkinson on my Warmoth Strat, however I can only "pull-up" the trem a little bit. Actually, It doesn't even go as far as the recessed part, because the tremblock is hitting the inside of the cavity.
I built another warmoth strat for a friend of mine with exactly the same set-up, and that one went all the way inside the recess. the pull-ups on that thing got quite close to a floyd rose! unfortunately that one is now in Europe, so I can't look at them side by side to see what's wrong.

so I am wondering if I either installed it wrong, or was it routed incorrectly..
is there a difference in the size of the "tremblock" cavity for wilkinsons as opposed to other type of trems?

I think that that's got something to do with the design of the guitar itself, not the recessed tremrouting. I've got the same problem with my hipshots.

nah that's not it..
the other strat I built had identical specs and went all the way in!

this one just says 'klunk' when you pull up... really annoying and very sad considering that this is currently my favorite guitar.

m4rk0 said:
nah that's not it..
the other strat I built had identical specs and went all the way in!

this one just says 'klunk' when you pull up... really annoying and very sad considering that this is currently my favorite guitar.

I know, I've got the same thing, twice. I really think it's got something to do with the thicker body...

Hello, my name is Tom, I'm new to this site. Are you refering to the Gotoh Wilkinson Trem?
I was considering this for a Strat I am going to order. I really want some feedback from guys with some experience using the bridge instead of manuf. reviews. Please make suggestions, too.
Does anyone have the Pro neck w/double adjustment rod?
-Thanks

Back